KotH tug

JeanPaul

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 5, 2010
I have played this a few times and I think the concept is pretty nifty, however there are a few problems I noticed.

1. I dont like how you fall into a pit and it takes like 20 seconds to walk around and out if you are not a soldier or demoman, its typically a bad idea to have this in an MP map as seen in Gorge.

"Initially the gorge was deep, with steep walls and only one exit—sort of like a penalty box or a hazard—but that ended up being pretty dull. As we gradually discovered through iteration and playtesting, it was far more interesting from a player perspective to be able to flow through the space as a whole."

I also dont like how often you rely on deathpits, those just suck dix. So my fix also incorporates an idea for a theme for the map as I remember you saying there wasnt one yet. Why not make the point on a giant conveyor belt? All the current empty space in the center would be replaced with a conveyor belt that moves with the point. (and subsequently where the point isnt, becase its a giant conveyor belt) Theme would be some sort of weird shipping and receiving warehouse or something like that with cranes everywhere and what not.

You could also vary the depth or curve or whatever of the conveyor belt to have different difficulties as you progress on the point or something, this would have to be something you flesh out.

No more falling and no more deathpits - also if the Source netcode holds up, it could be interesting to have THAT much moving play-space in your map.

2. It is very apprent that your added walls and revisions in a2 (or a3, I dont know) were just walls slapped in a previously designed area. I think the new sightlines in the latest versions are much better but they need to be more fleshed out as separate buildings or something because right now it just feels like a giant hallway with walls slapped in.

eh?