trouble with the light_spot entity

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by randomteddy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. randomteddy

randomteddy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I downloaded the lighting prefab pack and i used some of the lights in my level but i noticed they were not bright enough so i decided to edit the light_spot associated with the prefab and i didnt get any change in light. so i made a test map with a light_spot and i tried messing around with it. ingame the level wasnt lit, it was pitch black but there was light on the first person model and it showed up where i had placed the light spot. i checked the compile log on interlopers.net
    and there wasnt anythying wrong. so any ideas on whats wrong?

2. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. randomteddy

Positive Ratings:
    i've tried a cordon compile and i still have no errors. but i think i figured part of it out. i was testing and i made a light and a light_spot entity then i compiled and it work perfectly(it wasnt bright enough to light the intire room). then i edited the brightness setting to 800 and compiled,then it was pitch black

4. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure the light_spot isn't inside any models.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    ...hm, make sure you don't actually enter "800" in the Brightness field but something like "255 255 255 800"?

6. randomteddy

Positive Ratings:
    well it seems that psy was right. i thought that vrad would just ignore the lightbulb.