trade_badsand

TRADE trade_badsand Final

GRIEFYN

L1: Registered
Jul 3, 2022
GRIEFYN submitted a new resource:

trade_badsand - Welcome to badsand, a small beachfront town

Badsand:

It is an epic map set in a small beachfront town, there is no complex objective, just explore and have fun, the map contains an affordable 3-story beachfront hotel, a fast food restaurant, a classic bar, a small shop in front of the beach, an industrial garage and a fully accessible dance club and in some buildings it is possible to do parkour.

Please contact me if you find any important problems, and about the optimization it was already built with that in...

Read more about this resource...

Yellow Dice

Sep 24, 2021
Cannot figure out which search path sound\trade_map_junk_box\bar\whisky bar ? royalty free blues rock music.wav came from. Not playing.
Failed to load sound "trade_map_junk_box\bar\whisky bar ? royalty free blues rock music.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

So yeah missing music files I presume.

JackHundeswald

L2: Junior Member
Jul 17, 2019
I said I'd check the map out on reddit, and so I did. Like I said in the short review, very nice, visuals are cool and the ambiancs hits well. There's not much functionnal stuff outside of doors, and it's easy to feel all alone. The map feels half alive half dead. Obviously I haven't seen it with players, tho I imagine it would be very nice. If I was some server's staff, I'd root for this map. But yeah, Thankfully, TF2's gameplay is so good that outside of Snipers, sentries and blast jump, the map doesn't have to matter all that much in a relaxed setting. I want to point out a few things: First, the audio not playing, same as Yellow Dice. Then, I'd recommend extending the tunnels a bit so it's not too obvious that it stops 2 meters away. And having some barriers in front of those that don't, I'm thinking of the pass-time koth Soho maps, would help. Now I wonder why there's a big visible square over the "playable" water area. even the one that is restricted by invisible walls, it feels weird to see some walls just go around the non-skybox. I would understand if it was to delimit the playable area, but it's not. Next, I would slightly expand the tiki bar's jazz music range, because when for example, doing a chair taunt in front, you can't hear the music well if you don't have the camera right next to the jukebox. Just a minor detail, but it could help. Oh and I think you should reconnect the hotel counter with the stairs. It took me a while to figure out how to get up there. But Overall a very neat map, seamless (apart from that water thingy) and well decorated. I'm a fan of more open maps, so this is kind of right up my alley, even if said alleys are small. If you hadn't just made this map, I'd have asked you if you wanted to help me with mine, same style, but bigger, more functionality, and 3 years in the making. I'm not really asking, it's just that... well, I respect the details. It's cool. 4/5.

GRIEFYN

Jul 3, 2022
GRIEFYN updated trade_badsand with a new update entry:

trade_badsand_Neon

Captura de tela 2023-01-16 215455.png

Major Update

- added neon lights
- added fight club near fast food
- fixed optimization issues
- fixed lighting problems
- new tree model