Resource icon

PLR tracktory a7a

catfish

L1: Registered
Jan 18, 2015
tracktory - A payload race map where you have to push the cart and fix your tracks from a neutral intel!

A payload race map where you have to push the cart and fix your tracks from a neutral intel!

made by dragom(catfish)

Zhiris

Apr 26, 2020
Really fun gameplay idea!
I really like the open space in the middle with a lot of rocket jump and mobile character possibilities.

The track fixing part makes this map really fun but it's also quite confusing as it is now.
The announcer does't tell when a track is available when it despawns and it's called Australium (I know why)

When I fist tried the game I was wondering why the cart wasn't moving at the start before realizing that at the start of your track a piece was missing thanks to the track being slightly transparent.
Ofcourse this is a easy fix when you are going to texture the map and use the valve texture to indicate where the missing pieces are (that yellow with black striped texture used for capture zones etc)
It's a fun new gimmick but I also have to say that you might have overdone it.
20200429133953_1.jpg
There seems no breathing space to push the cart for a bit without fixing the track constantly and it makes it a bit frustrating.
My favorite track missing is the one going to the slop near the end, it would be fun if the cart goes down the slope again if nobody is pushing there so it makes it more intense to fix that small piece up the top there.
Reducing the amount of tracks would be much appreciated, maybe making the timer for the respawn less on the track pickup to compensate for this.
It also makes the gameplay more fun on the capturing part of your map.

About the capture area of the map: It's funny that it's being made by a big oven in a big room.
But defending and playing in this very room can be a bit boring and unbalanced.
It's just a big empty room close to the starting position of the cart.

Maybe making the map a big refinery in the middle peaking up and have the production chambers in the basement with multiple connections to the upper part where people try to push the cart.
Then you can have the big industry horn blowing when a track is made like mvm_mannhatten < just throwing ideas
Or another idea is that you can make the track pick-up into levers/battery's to make tracks switch to the correct route so new players are not that confused what needs to be done when they see a transparent track on the ground, you can have a deposit machine/capture-deposit next to the rotation tracks will spin like some Valve maps do automatically (Thundermountain track goes up to make a bridge / barnblitz has the track what needs to rotate)
What I try to say is that the capture part of the map needs to have a overhaul.

I like your work, it's refreshing to see people trying things out and bring something new and gimmicky into the game!

catfish

Jan 18, 2015
as it turns out, you need a payload hud or people get stuck in carts. so this is the final version, with plr hud instead of sd hud.

i know a lot of improvements could be made, i tried an entirely new layout but couldn't really come up with anything, and wanted to make an extension to last into a spawn courtyard, but didn't have time to make and test it. so this is the final version.

Read the rest of this update entry...