KotH Torimono

MisutoWolf

L2: Junior Member
Jul 8, 2009
Yeah, that's definitely something I'm going to be working on as this map progresses. I'll think of ideas regarding height diference as alphas progress, I suppose. When I did the original layout, I guess that never occurred to me, for whatever reason.

Snacks

TODO: Clever title
Oct 15, 2009
a1:
Your spawns don't have visualizers.
The beams, signs, and posts are all world brushes. Make them func_detail.
Center building isn't clipped at all so you are able to stand anywhere on it, inside and outside.
Next to the center building, there is much lower skybox going back towards the spawn.
Sign models on saw horses are too large.

MisutoWolf

Jul 8, 2009
a1a (in progress, will be done tonight):

Fixed:
- Made all of the signs/beams that I could find (may have missed a few) func_details.
- Clipped center building so it can't be climbed upon
- Fixed sign models used on sawhorses, made them smaller version.

(Thanks to Snacks for pointing this stuff out).

Will release a1a tonight after work, still need to fix skybox, may replace ground texture with a dev texture for now, it looks sorta icky, not sure though. Whatever. More worried about gameplay, not a poopy looking ground surface.

Sep 1, 2009
Well if this is a koth map you are missing something important.....a func_respawnroom as I died everytime i changed class

MisutoWolf

Jul 8, 2009
Haha, woops. I'll fix that too. MUH BAD. Just got back from work a bit ago, going to finish fixing skybox, then fix the visualizer thing, and then the func_respawnroom thing. Overlooked that shit, like I said, first map. :D

MisutoWolf

Jul 8, 2009
More changes being made:

- added respawn room visualizers (thanks, Snacks!)
- added func_respawnroom to each spawn (overlooked, thanks Godslayer57!)

Fixing skyboxes now, then recompiling. Still pondering how I'm going to incorporate height elements, might tackle that in _a2 or something.

MisutoWolf

Jul 8, 2009
Err, no. It's just...extremely early alpha. Dev textures are always used for early alphas, if not alpha all the way into beta.

Anyway, A1A is up now. Changes in zee changelog.

Also, I may be completely restructuring mid, now that I think about it, I really don't like having it inside a building after-all. More than likely, _a2 will use the "new new" mid, once I think about how it'll look.

MisutoWolf

Jul 8, 2009
As per suggestion in chat, I've now converted (manually remade, rather) the entire ground surface in both bases and mid as displacements, since I'd be doing that later anyway.

I'll post screenshots tonight after I finish those up (to alpha standards, anyway, and rework the central building. I think I'm going to end up going for something like the original building I had, since I really didn't like the pagoda type thing after all. We'll see what I come up with, I guess.