The Scottish Resistance in Meet the Demoman!

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
So where's our parachute, and fishing rod

We already got our parachute. It's called the gunboats, only Valve changed em to a pair of boots. Also, The direct hit was gonna be called the "Ba-tzu-ka" and the equalizer was gonna be called the "Ace of Spades", and look like a shabby spade. And the parachute was going to have the ability to both negate all rocket self-damage (all of it, but only when rocket jumping), and give you the ability to glide (woo hangtime ftw) while in midair by using mouse2. I forget exactly what the difference was, but the Batzuka was slightly different to the direct hit, although it still had the minicrits on aerials/juggles, and the smaller splash radius (I think). Valve mentioned that they wanted the equalizer to be visually different to the shovel so that a player looking at the soldier will instantly think "oh s**t he isn't screwed just because he's on low health", so they made it a pickaxe. Obviously, you can't call a pickaxe the "Ace of spades".

As for the fishing rod, no ****ing clue. I think maybe the fishing rod/hangmans noose was a reference to FOAD. FOAD = common phrase said to snipers, when the person saying the phrase doesn't like them. The O, A and D stand for "Off And Die", I'll let you figure out the F for yourself. ;)