The Real Calamity [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
How about a squad of Heavies, each focused around one of the Seasons?
  • The Summer Heavy, with the Steel Jaw, the Summer Shades, and the Huo-Long Heater.
  • The Fall Heavy, with the Outdoorsman, the Apparatchik's Apparel, and the Tomislav.
  • The Winter Heavy, with the Merc's Muffler, the Magnificent Mongolian, and the Family Buisness.
  • The Spring Heavy, with the Weight Room Warmer, and the Eviction Notice.
If cosmetics will fit, suuure.

Squad idea: 3 giant quickfix medics healing 3 giant speedster scouts
AKA: Invincible 200mph scout
Very nerfed, but of course. probably one pair with some small scouts running at same speed to annoy the heck out of team :^)

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
Viper, missed it. Bloody lags :B1:

Have a squad of 2 Giant Soldiers both protected by 6 Airblast Pyros each. Basically to counter Soldiers and Level 3 Sentries. Maybe the Soldiers have a buff effect which would give the Pyros damage resistance. So they are weaker if the Soldier dies.

Due to size limit -> Giant Battalion Soldier + 5 Hard pyros (about 70% chance to reflect as i remember)

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
Tested v1.3 today. Dear god that was TOO easy. Playing with incompetent players screwed up all hardness of mission. Expect a rebalance soon, with whole bunch of randomizations adding in.

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
Now. It's hard. Advanced, if not Expert.
  • Waves are now about 3 times shorter(to increase robot upgrades), but combination of 3 waves still falls in "semi-predictable" pattern
  • Starting money was decreased to 1500$ from 3000$
  • Wave money was decreaesed and splitted apart on 3 wave period
  • Added squads suggested by Sinchu, HolySnickerPuffs ([HSPuffs] in-game due to character limit)
  • EDIT: Viper, your stuff in too. Forgot again.
  • Added Giant Medics
  • Added Giant Scouts
  • Changes to Mannhattan rotation:
    • On Easy difficulty gates now reset every 3 waves
    • On Hard difficulty gates now reset every 9 waves
  • Hopefully fully fixed that bots might not properly act on Mannhattan (thanks Valve, so far its most complicated map i had to work with)
  • Download is now splitted into 2 parts - Stock and Custom.
    • Both use same base files (overwrite or not overwrite - they are same), but Stock contains only normal "Valve" maps (Coaltown, Rottenburg, et cetera), Custom contains all custom maps which are supported.
  • Fixed certain names being cut-off due to name chararcter limit in-game
  • Randomized location spawns of bots on all given maps
Also, spoilered screenshots on DL page. They are too large and annoying.

Planning to add even more custom maps in rotation soon, more gimmicks for Mannhattan, more robots/squads based on TC (Two Cities) missions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
  • Support changes:
    • Scrapped "Mega Sapper" as unworking concept
    • Extended range on Crit Snipers due to them being completely oblivious to surroundings beyond melee range
  • Wave changes:
    • Fixed Mannhattan bug where gates wouldn't reset at all (damn you crusty logic)
  • Randomisation base changes:
    • Fixed some Winter heavys not having assigned "damagae" penalty
    • Scrapped Giant Jumping Sandman Gatebot due to AutoJump being EXTREMELY buggy with EventChangeAttributes (either it crashes game client or not works at all)
  • Misc:
    • Updated post with up-to-date info.

Last edited:

Nuke

Jul 5, 2016
No, it's not dead.

I was planning to push v3 in nearbiest 2 days with all map support and balance tweaks, but Giza brought me down. Heavy logic work around and needing to completely rework gatebot system (for one map, reminder) which already took over 50% of project is goddamnhard.

Nearbiest update (which will be v3) gotta have all balance changes, 3 new maps (or 2, depending on my free time).

Giza will be in v3.1 (whole update for one map, woohoo) and if i get some suggestions, they will be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.