The Official "I got this in the sale" thread

Nov 14, 2009
Sales are trash today. Bit.Trip beat for the same price as in the pack yesterday? World of Goo again? Orange box is a fantastic deal, but everyone already has it, right? And no indie pack! This day is definatly the worst.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Well, I was disappointed, but turns out there is an indie pack today. Better late than never I guess.

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
Space invaders + Pong + Breakout + Great OST = Bit Trip beat. You buy now.

Nov 14, 2009
Space invaders + Pong + Breakout + Great OST = Bit Trip beat. You buy now.

Why would I buy a game for 5$ today that was on sale with 4 other games for 5$ yesterday.

I am so buying the Aeronautics pack tomorrow!

There are 2 turn based strategy games, one story based, the other all about customization. There is a FPF (first person flyer?), which looks cool, and a third person side scroller, which looks extremly meh. But there is that cool suicide game, which looks so awesome.

I cant wait to see the deals tomorow!

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Why would I buy a game for 5$ today that was on sale with 4 other games for 5$ yesterday.

I am so buying the Aeronautics pack tomorrow!

There are 2 turn based strategy games, one story based, the other all about customization. There is a FPF (first person flyer?), which looks cool, and a third person side scroller, which looks extremly meh. But there is that cool suicide game, which looks so awesome.

I cant wait to see the deals tomorow!

The first person flyer, DogFighter, is Ok. I had my eye on it since the day of release but never wanted to jump right in as I read it had terrible controls. It went on sale a while later so I picked it up, played a couple of minutes of it and that was it for a few months. The controls weren't great, and they didn't have controller/joystick support. A few weeks ago I tried it again after reading about better controls, although my PS3 controller didn't seem to work properly, I managed to have an hour or so of fun using the keyboard.

I played the demo of the side scroller game, can't remember it's name. Also felt difficult to control and not much fun against the AI. Plain sight is still a game that intrigues me and I really want to try it and see what the hell it is :p

Also the strategy games...haven't really seen much of them but don't really interest me. I might buy the pack when it's on sale though. Maybe...*sniff*...Maybe

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I would buy some stuff but i've got a long list consisting of a total of 63 PS3 games i have/want to buy, then also i've got to get my family christmas presents so forgive me if i probably won't have spare cash for some time :)

Nov 14, 2009
Anyone thoughts on Dirt 2, Monkey Island and Metro 2033?

Im probably definatly gona get the air pack, too though.

Sep 1, 2009
KOTOR is win ;D

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
So far I've nabbed L4D2 and Torchlight. I almost got the Orange Box for the HL2 stuff.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Might buy monkey island.

Total so far: deus ex (unplayed)
DE Invisible war (unplayed)
Tomb raider; Guardian of light (awesome)
Mass Effect 2 (present, still installing)
Also:
Tomb raider 2 (borrowed)
Mount And Blade (borrowed)
Machinarium Demo
Sam and max: whatever free one it is.
Soulstorm (just found the disc)

It's like Sophies Choice, but there's nine of them, and whichever one i dont pick wont be taken out of my life!