The Entity Test Request Forum

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
In need of the following:

When person grabs intel, person slows speed -50%
When person grabs intel, person cannot be uber'd
When person grabs intel, person jump height -50%

If you cant do the uber part, dont worry about it, just try to reduce speed.
Please and thank you!

To address issues:

1. Check into the Attack / Defend alternate gametype for your speed reduction penalty.
2. Pretty sure the flag carrier can't be uebered already.
3. You could try parenting a trigger_gravity to the flag. Actually, I'll try this when I get home.

trainRiderJ

Mar 14, 2008
You definitely cannot uber a person carrying a flag, and an ubered person cannot pick up a flag, at least not in the default CTF gametype.

If you try to uber a flag carrier as medic, you'll go uber but they'll stay normal.

dirtyminuth

Nov 5, 2007
Ok, have a working version of reverse CTF that has the following properties:

1. Picking up the flag reduces run speed.

Accomplished by changing item_teamflag field "Game Type" to "Attack/Defend."

2. Standing on or carrying the flag reduces jump height by ~50%.

Accomplished by placing a trigger_gravity on the flag, with field "parent" set to the flag and field "gravity" set to 2.0. Also placed a 'shell' of trigger_gravity brushes around the flag with field "parent" set to the flag and field "gravity" set to 1.0. When a player gets near / picks up the flag, their gravity is set to 2.0 times normal gravity. When they leave the 'shell,' gravity will return to normal. One last item: trigger_gravity brushes must be placed over both capture zones and all spawnrooms. Otherwise, the flag carrier can die and not have gravity returned to normal.

Scoring is wacky, but that's not the aim of this test.

vmf / bsp zip: http://tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=202

Last edited:

Cpt Raem

L1: Registered
Feb 20, 2008
Setting up my first map objective...ever.

Rare that I post :O

I'm trying to work a single neutral intel, randomized position, capture the flag, in which teams will score flag points until they reach a certain number, but instead of winning, a new objective for the teams are allotted. The winning flag capper team needing to escape the area by reaching a previously locked point, and the losing flagger team needing to kill all opponents and then escaping the area. All under a time limit activated after the 2 flag captures.

From some help from other people, I have somewhat of an idea what to do for some of the aspects I asked about such as:

-Single Neutral Intel with no penalties and no messed up kill counter that doesn't activate win upon capture (due to HUD problem) - koth type:w00t:

-Randomized Location - logic_case:w00t:

-At the capture number (2), a door will be triggered to open, leading to a new area. (trigger + math_counter?):w00t:

What I have no clue about is how to set:

-A trigger set at a designated area that makes the player's team that steps on it win. (Perhaps a trigger with some sort of autowin condition? or an instant capture point?):w00t:

-A restriction on the losing flaggers that don't allow them to activate the win trigger until they have killed all players of the opposing team.:001_huh:

-A timer that overrides the maps default timer after the 2 flag captures. (25 minute mission, upon 2 captures, a 5 minute timer is placed. If no teams win upon 5 minutes it is a stalemate.)

Anyways, this is quite a bit to work with so it may take a world of time, any help would be greatly appreciated, whether it be linking to other topics or 1on1 help. :)

Thank you for your time,

Cpt. Raem

Edit: Anything marked with a smiley face is now complete. I'm in the midst of setting the team restriction, but I'm having abit of difficulty. I've made triggers surrounding the map for Team Win and Team Lose, assigned filters to that one team and start disabled them, but I need to figure out how to activate the opposite teams filter when one team has reached the math_counter's maximum value of 2. (On Blue reach math counter of 2 points, activate trigger_filter_red.) (On Red reach math counter of 2 points, activate trigger_filter_red.) To put it simply, I need a way to make a math_counter activate only one teams trigger. Unfortunately, a math_counter cannot be assigned a team.
Edit 2: I noticed that regardless of the fact that my math_counter has an initial value of 0 and a maximum value of 2 that when it hits max value, it does not make the flag disappear as I had set it. Instead of disappearing at 2, it disappears at 3.

Last edited:

MacNetron

Dec 12, 2007
[..]

What I have no clue about is how to set:

-A trigger set at a designated area that makes the player's team that steps on it win. (Perhaps a trigger with some sort of autowin condition? or an instant capture point?)

[..]

- Add an entity game_round_win (Name=game_win_red; Team=Red)
- Add an entity filter_activator_tfteam (Name=filter_red; Team=Red)
- Add a brush with tools/toolstrigger-brush. Tie to entity trigger_once (Name=trigger_win_red; Filer Name=filter_red);
Give this last one an output: OnTrigger, game_win_red, RoundWin

Tada!

Seriously, things are not as complicated as you might think. Have a good look at my guide to Gravelpit like CP's. Not all your questions will be answered, but you will see loads of hints. If you see an entity in it which might do the trick, search the forum (I'm hinting now about the timers).

Otoh, you might be the exact opposite of me, ie. good at design, but not at the 'programming' part :)
Will have a look later on to see what looks most difficult to me of your story to implement. ;)

dirtyminuth

Nov 5, 2007
Cpt., this is a perfect question and I will take a look at it when I get a chance. It will likely come after the map contest ends (April 30th).

I like your use of smileys to indicate progress :)