The 99%'s Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Just like to share a pretty great article here.

http://wonkette.com/455481/meet-the-smart-anthropologist-anarchist-who-helped-launch-ows

There is very good reason to believe that, in a generation or so, capitalism itself will no longer exist – most obviously, as ecologists keep reminding us, because it’s impossible to maintain an engine of perpetual growth forever on a finite planet, and the current form of capitalism doesn’t seem to be capable of generating the kind of vast technological breakthroughs and mobilizations that would be required for us to start finding and colonizing any other planets. Yet faced with the prospect of capitalism actually ending, the most common reaction – even from those who call themselves “progressives” – is simply fear. We cling to what exists because we can no longer imagine an alternative that wouldn’t be even worse.
As for me

I believe the world can be a better place, where everyone has a greater sense of mutual understanding, and we can all learn to love each other's differences, or at the very least learn to accept them.

I also believe that greed is the most despicable of human traits, and we need to work together as a race to find a new system which allows us to focus on what is important, helping those who are in the most need of it, instead of spending every waking second trying to hoist ourselves above others with money.

From what I understand this is more or less what these protestors are more or less proposing, and therefore they also have my complete support. I wish I was home where I could be out with them.

Maybe we'll see a world come out of this where the governments actually represent the people, instead of their sponsors.

Last edited:

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

Jan 20, 2010
The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

What?

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
This thread:
F1NOD.gif

The only people detracting from the quality of this thread are you, and everyone else posting irrelevant images that contribute nothing to what could be a serious intelligent debate.

Also

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v7738629kwzdRaf?h1=Alex+Jones+-+"Waking+Life"

Status
Not open for further replies.