Tfbridge

Krall

L1: Registered
Jun 9, 2009
I haven't tried out the new version yet, but what are the chances of having some of those freight containers opened a little more for player entry?

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
I haven't tried out the new version yet, but what are the chances of having some of those freight containers opened a little more for player entry?

that wont happen, because it leaves no strategic value to either team and would probably cause some kind of advantage for one of the teams.

III_Demon

L2: Junior Member
Sep 28, 2008
i said it in game, but i'll leave the notes here too.

needs serious optimization. ran slower than pretty much any custom map i've experienced. make the trees billboards, cut down on the decorations, make sure the models have LOD fade distances, all that good stuff.

gameplay was a blast. the invisible walls around the spawns need markers. i wouldnt change the layout of the main gameplay area itself, it worked pretty well.

have you considered making it an arena map? it might lend itself toward that. people would die fast, but thats kinda the point of arena. =]

SiniStarR

Mar 31, 2009
its rc but I have to fix the forest card skybox things. i forgot to look fix them before i submitted lol

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
i like this bridge, puts mine (ctf_underside) to shame XD

but that's the asthetics, gameplay, i'd worry that snipers would dominate, and it'd be near impossible to cap the final points cos of the relative distances from spawns to the points

SiniStarR

Mar 31, 2009
i like this bridge, puts mine (ctf_underside) to shame XD

but that's the asthetics, gameplay, i'd worry that snipers would dominate, and it'd be near impossible to cap the final points cos of the relative distances from spawns to the points

well ive done several and i mean SEVERAL playtest thanks to Calculated Choas servers. I played around with this problem, and came to the conclusion that it is not something that really needs fixing. I originally had it so you enemy teams couldnt get close enough to the spawns to spawn camp. Of coarse this lead to the sniper problem since they would be 100% safe unless they were attacked from a distance. So I tried changing it but, the spawn camping got really bad. After several fixes I realized that the spawn camping was the biggest concern overall, so I changed back to the way I had it originally. What makes this map unique enough when it comes to snipers is the amount of cover and the lack of vision that a sniper has. Sure they can still shoot but, what good is that if a sniper only has so many "holes' to shoot through. Concerning the final points, they are fairly quick captures, and its fast too. The one thing I hate the most about 5cp maps is that if one team is stronger they will stay stronger and the opposing team sits back just hoping the time runs out. Having 3 cp eliminates this problem and the map allows for the defending team to push back.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
You were around when we were playing so I don't have much to say. I have played the RC quite a few times now and I have never noticed any issues. I belive you said you had some minor tweaks to make but after that I would imagine this is ready to be called done.

Butter me

L1: Registered
Jun 29, 2009
map looks good i did notice that blu can get into red spawn by walking on the little fence to the right (if your looking at the red spawn) and moving forwards and to the left against the clip wall, it is right before the trees. just thought you should know, and maybe have the water pushing you if you fall, you just float right now. other then that it looks really good.