TF2 Crossword - No. 2 [SPOILERZ]

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
You sure it's Binski that has the paper? There's the Paper Co. and the Logging Co.... they both have similar names.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Hint to new arena map in Scout achievements [saw]
Another name for 5 cp maps [push]
Tool for creating new content [SDK]
In symmetrical maps, this "Meet the" preferred team tends to win [RED] I figure it's okay to reuse the team names in clues
Low-level Scout tactic [Rush]
Diminutive for skilled pub players [star, as in pubstar, this is kinda stupid though]
Soldier referenced these achievement arenas far before their institution [Farm]

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Mein freunds... she is done.

TF2C2_final.png

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
The L4D one took a month or so. Oh well.

But the point is, it got out.

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
Hmm, I have to say, a lot of these clues, while obvious when you've come up with them, are extremely ambiguous and could have a lot of different answers. Watchtower, for instance. There are plenty of maps that focus on vertical combat and this one doesn't jump to mind. I could name others. "big burner" is also pretty ambiguous. Any of the other ones that deal with custom maps I feel are pretty unfair to anyone who isn't part of this community. Most people in the TF2 overall community wouldn't recognize a map name based on a vague clue. Think about 4 down:

Competitive custom map soon to receive a reboot [FREIGHT]

Anybody not on these forums, even people who hadn't read the single thread about freight being redone would have no clue what do do with that. I suggest if you do another one of these crosswords you think carefully about how hard the clues are. There's challenging, and then there's unfair. It's like making a puzzle/adventure game. You have no idea if you're only able to make the jump required because you made the puzzle.

Basically most things regarding non-official custom maps I view as unfair clues.

Last edited: