TF Bots ignore capture points in a map containing intel.

disckord

L1: Registered
Sep 10, 2018
I am developing an achievement map for tf2, and i want it to contain control points and flags. The control points are useful for achievements, and in my map they also grant your team mini-crits. However, when adding TF Bots to the server, they prioritize capturing the enemy intel no matter what. If I remove both intels from the map, the bots instead capture points as desired. How can i force the bots to ignore intels in a map?

I have one theory as to how it may be possible, which is to spawn in the intels using point entity logic after the map loads. I was not able to find a way to accomplish this, however I believe it may trick the bots into thinking the map is a CP map and not a CTF map.

Things I have tried:
  • Setting flags on the intel objects related to bot/npc behavior (made no difference)
  • Using func_nav_blocker and func_nav_avoid to stop bots from navigating to intel (these get ignored)
  • Using tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp point entity (made no difference except for ui)
  • Placing both intels in unreachable seperate room (bots just tried to walk through walls to get to them)
  • Setting both intels to start disabled and/or off (bots just break and dont leave spawn)
  • Changing the gamemode flag of the intels (bots just go to their intels or wont leave spawn)
  • Various flags in tf_gamerules and team_control_point_master (made no difference)

Thank you :).

Last edited: