team_control_point Not Visible on Run

Wixelt

L1: Registered
Jun 20, 2023
I recently decided to give TF2 mapping a go after putting it off for ages, and have been following tutorials to help myself get to grips with it. As part of those tutorials, I've built a very simple King of the Hill map, and gameplay-wise you can play in it, even if its a simple box courtyard.

But the capture point hologram (team_control_point) - though clearly there mechanically and visible in Hammer - isn't at all visible when I run an in-game instance, something that doesn't change when the point's interacted with.

I've spent time trying to find a fix, namely going back to the tutorials in case I missed anything, as well as checking my map's functions (team_control_point_master & tf_gamerules, among others) to make sure there isn't a box I forgot to fill in (jury's still out as i'm unsure where to look). No luck, though.

So as i'm new to Hammer, I'm bringing this to the experts. The map's mechanically mostly fine outside of this and I'll be continuing work on it in the meantime, but this bug (and another with an odd 'no entry' visualizer render, but i've been led to believe that's not easily fixed) is bugging me and i'd be grateful for any help I could get solving it. :)

Cheers,

-Wixelt

T

The Asylum

In the flags tab, make sure its been flagged as visible. If that doesn't work, post a screenshot of what youve got in its properties tab, and what its got for inputs/outputs