strange

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
What's up with the light patches on the wood?

They suffer from the TF2 disease. A4 coming up today, I will try to squeeze it into Wednesday's gameday, but I think I'm a little too late. If not, impromptu tests would be ok.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Alpha 4 is out! Let's play it sometime. Download link updated.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
C was very small, making it difficult to attack once a whole team was on it, or defend once one player was on it.

Stuck in the rocks here
898c00cpsketcha40000.jpg

You can stand on the fences around the outside of the area
cf6800cpsketcha40001.jpg

Clip this window, you can get caught on it
5fba00cpsketcha40002.jpg

And you can also get stuck here
cea400cpsketcha40003.jpg

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I apparently have done a poor job clipping certain items, I'll make sure those parts are taken care of. Thanks to those who played.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
A5 is not out, but there's some big changes that should make a few things much better, both for Red and Blu teams.

cp_sketch_a5_003.jpg

cp_sketch_a5_004.jpg

cp_sketch_a5_005.jpg

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
imo you need to redo the c point tower completely.

the whole point is too cluttered right now and there is no way to fight on the area around the point. I dont want you to copy GPIT C but use it for reference at least a little or design something better than it. Right now once someone gets on top, theres nothing you can do.

Id suggest getting rid of the roof for 1. Also Im not a fan of maps looking like other maps. I think this map could have profited from a snowier or more alpine theme vs the same desert 3cp style gpit and furnace already have.

people like good looking things, keep that in mind... thats why nobody likes tmp.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
imo you need to redo the c point tower completely.

the whole point is too cluttered right now and there is no way to fight on the area around the point. I dont want you to copy GPIT C but use it for reference at least a little or design something better than it. Right now once someone gets on top, theres nothing you can do.

Id suggest getting rid of the roof for 1. Also Im not a fan of maps looking like other maps. I think this map could have profited from a snowier or more alpine theme vs the same desert 3cp style gpit and furnace already have.

people like good looking things, keep that in mind... thats why nobody likes tmp.

:p I completely agree with you about C, it's too cluttered and gameplay is not as good as it could be. But as far as what the map looks like in terms of theme, just leave it to me, and have no further worries. The solution is not picking alpine or a snowy theme--however I'm glad you're concerned about it. Everyone is concerned about it, people keep asking questions.

And for the record, tmp is a good guy.

Last edited:

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Yeah he is I didn't mean anything bad to him

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Changelog, Alpha 5, Feb 26 2010:
*2nd revision of capture area C and enlargement of C (to prevent spawn camping)
*Increased capture time for CP C
*Changed the barrier area at A, a cleaner, more consistent and gameplay friendly improvement.
*Moved the doorway to the building at B (capture area) to prevent lengthy sightlines

Let's play!

cp_sketch_a5_006.jpg

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Well guys, thanks for that impromptu test that I wasn't even expecting, but it turned out to be great. I felt that the two teams were even for the most part (one team was slightly stacked), and yet I felt all over it played really well. The server was full and I felt it was a very fair test, and that brings it to a good number of really solid tests on the current version. I know a few of you are a little unhappy with C and the tower, but I am a happy guy with C after the most recent number of tests.

I am confident to move toward the detailing phase. I think it's about time and the gameplay is really strong. After A6, I'll probably move into beta, with these changes in A6:

cp_sketch_a6_001.jpg

cp_sketch_a6_002.jpg

Those of you who are more concerned with C or any parts of the layout, please propose with illustration if you want things that could improve gameplay, and I'll do my best to consider your suggestions.

A6 will be the version to play until a fully detailed B1 is out.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'm really liking this map. It's looking good even in alpha.

Some gripes I had in the test, besides the C tower, where that Blue's exits from B were basically both in sights of each other, where it was really quite open. A red sniper could cover both, though you probably heard that on the day.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Changelog, Alpha 6, March 02 2010:
*Removed 1 protector at C
*Added a second loop from C-B connector
*Added an elevated 'block' mechanism to favor the attacking team

Aug 10, 2009
Yeah I thought the impromptu test was great. I had a hard time as a novice behatted engy which was great, but you should definately nobuild all of A because my level 1 sentry on the cap ruined the defense, as you may well be aware :p

Also, I never really saw much traffic coming or going from the middle two entrances at C, but I understand their necessity in case of a stalemate. Just something to ruminate about, I guess. Good job on the engy's though, it's really hard to hold a position for too long, except maybe in the house at B.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Necrobump from beyond the grave--this project is resurfacing as cp_strange, details to follow. If you can change the thread name as you skim across this thread, please change the name!

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
This better get good !
Was the first map from you that i liked ;)
And now with newfound propsgoodness this shall be fascinating !

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
The good news is that sketch has been thoroughly tested, and I can move straight into the detail stage.