Steam coming to Linux (for real this time!)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Portal is out of beta and releasing on time!

(Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to say that? Well... since the beta came out.)

Everything else has been reasonably quiet on the Linux front. Even the GoldSrc games still haven't had an official release yet. (There's a game-breaking bug at the end of Opposing Force that still has them stumped.) Betas of the Half-Life 2 series, including an Orange Box engine port of Lost Coast, dropped about a week after I last posted here, but there's been little activity from Valve since then. Issues that were introduced in the big 2010 update have appeared on their GitHub, but only one has actually been dealt with so far, to my knowledge, the one where Breen doesn't move when you teleport into his office. The one where vehicles were slightly too slow was gone in the initial beta release; maybe they caught it when they were testing the port internally or something.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaaand now the Half-Life 2 games are out of beta along with a SteamPipe update. Say goodbye to the last vestiges of Source 2006, everybody!