Stark

CP Stark b2

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
cp_youme_goes_cold

in other news, the second shot looks very open D: not nice

Its the final point, and currently the least developed so yeah its open. but its not going to be closed in, I've had a friend who plays more competative style tf2 than me (i dunno if he does actually play in matches but whenever we play together he owns me.. he plays faarrrr too much lol!) and he's been running through it giving me feedback on stuff before i've even finished making it, which is great :D should cut out a few alpha versions at very least.

A lot of what he's been saying is: "Wider corridors!!" since i have a terrible habit of making them too narrow. two of the corridors have already been extended and reworked massively to keep him happy, but I'm also happier with them so theres nothing wrong there.

I'm going to leave it as cp_youme for a while, I've collected 7 names so far that I like but I wont decide on one for a while.

Now, back to work!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Updated the first post to read:
Youme said:
Since now the entire of this post was obsolete I decided to re-write it. It's now at first alpha (give or take an hour) I finished everything that was on my to-do-for-release list except decide a name, so I'll go with cp_youme for now.

Keeping the snow theme but you wont get to see any of that or my new skybox until it gets detailed after alpha testing is done.

I've not placed resupply lockers in the advancing spawns, or allowed re-entry to them, I hope this doesn't upset any players much. I know badlands lets you in, but granary doesn't, what are people's thoughs on this?

Enjoy the testing thats soon to happen!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
who made this map

I wonder :rolleyes:

EDIT: here are my 7 proposed names, the list is in no way final but I think I'll run a poll later for which people like best

Possible names:
  1. Ice moon (cp_ice or cp_icemoon)
  2. Cold moon (cp_cold or cp_coldmoon)
  3. cp_snowpack
  4. cp_acclaim
  5. cp_yield
  6. cp_shadow
  7. cp_stark
  8. cp_spiral (My personal favourite, its a method for raising trains up vertically in small distances)

Last edited:

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
What's Stark supposed to mean?

Also I don't think you want to pick spiral because people will say "wtf thar r no spirals here n00b"

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Oh I believe he already has.

Edit:

Let the battle commence.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Hmm well 6th page and probably the first proper feedback you have recieved :sleep:

I found the map enjoyable, there was nothing amazing about it- just good really.

Middle point caps too fast, often due to the long walk there from first spawn scouts have already capped it before other classes are in the area.

There were lots of dogey texture overlaps and floating rocks, but Im sure you don't really care and already know about them :p

The last point is good, reminds me a bit of granry but better, having it in the open is a smart thing IMO but it means you might want to add another sec or two to the cap times as it caps prettty easily.
You could possibly put it on a small platform as well to make it stand out more, kinda like dustbowl 2-2.

The 2nd/ 4th cap point is also fairly well made, seems a bit weird at the moment with those random brushes just lying around- whilst giving cover they feel out of place and I really think you, the great Youme could make this point more exciting. ... You could perhaps add a building/ some form of hieght advantage over the point, theres nothing majorly wrong with it- I just believe it could be a bit more varied.

Also remember to fix people getting stuck in spawns and add some more metal packs here and there.

Hope that was useful :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The random brushes are placeholders for more inventive cover later on ;)

I'll not change any layout, two small tests isn't enough to draw conclusions yet but I'll make some small tweaks and get _b2 out today or tomorrow.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Download link added for _a3, changelog added in the third post.

Trm, Fox, mangy, anyone who fancies doing some 6v6 testing, now's your oppertunity :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You're lucky everyone is willing to test your map anytime...
We others have to figure out changes based on single tests

I'm more than willing to run any map instantly after one of my impromptu tests, but 80% of the time it seems the map beign asked for isnt on the server :/
The best way to get testing from me is to turn up to an impromptu event i'm hosting and ask if your map can be run, however you'll need to make sure it's uploaded first, so i recomment donating so that you can do that.

EDIT: the vote for the name is up - [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8851"]Rename cp_youme: have your say! - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Was quite fun, the only thing I remember that struck me was the non-opening gate (the first forward spawn, I assume). Put a no-entry sign on it.

santoriin

L1: Registered
Jun 11, 2008
I wonder :rolleyes:

EDIT: here are my 7 proposed names, the list is in no way final but I think I'll run a poll later for which people like best

Possible names:
  1. Ice moon (cp_ice or cp_icemoon)
  2. Cold moon (cp_cold or cp_coldmoon)
  3. cp_snowpack
  4. cp_acclaim
  5. cp_yield
  6. cp_shadow
  7. cp_stark
  8. cp_spiral (My personal favourite, its a method for raising trains up vertically in small distances)

cp_shelter
cp_steppe
cp_expanse
cp_shade
cp_toil
cp_strain
cp_lucent
cp_luminous