Resource icon

VScript Advanced Color Correction 2.0

Braindawg

L1: Registered
Sep 17, 2023
Braindawg submitted a new resource:

Advanced Color Correction - l4d-style color correction.

Simple script that allows for fading between multiple color correction lookup files based on the players location using soundscapes. Also includes a script that creates a table of soundscape indexes and their associated string name. Allows users to create more complex location-based color correction similar to l4d, without needing to manually align tons of color_correction entities.

Two custom .raw files have been included and are free to use. The example provided is for bigrock, however...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Miki

Feb 10, 2022
I use several fog controllers all the time, so adding per client color correction to that (like L4D's fog_volume does) sounds like an awesome addition to the mapping toolbox. I was always curious about using multiple CCs like in that game, but it didn't seem feasible given color_correction_volume was bugged. I'll definitely be keeping a tab on this script and to find ways to use it in the future.

Braindawg

Sep 17, 2023
Now that I'm looking at it, there's a lot of fog controller netprops that could probably be set up the same way to get basically 1:1 with l4d, will probably expand this at some point to allow for mapping color correction to m_PlayerFog.m_hCtrl, assuming this is what I think it is (the entity handle for the current active fog controller)

Braindawg

Sep 17, 2023
Braindawg updated Advanced Color Correction with a new update entry:

fog controllers

Now supports either soundscapes, or the players active fog controller.

create_soundscapes_lookup_table has been replaced with create_lookup_tables. This will create a lookup table for both the soundscapes and fog controllers.

After generating a lookup table for your fog controllers, put the env_fog_controller targetname instead of the soundscape name in your advcc_lookups file.

The provided example has been switched to cp_coldfront instead of bigrock.

Read the rest of this update entry...