[Solved] How do I "pull" players into a vent?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

x3Karma

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2017
I would like players to get "pulled" into a vent when it opens. The vent is slightly elevated from the ground and I'm not quite sure how to do it.

I figured it may have something to do with trigger_push but I'm not sure if it works since the vent is elevated from the ground.

x3Karma

Sep 24, 2017
After about 1 hour of testing.. turns out point_push doesnt actually push you up until you jump. (might be wrong.)

B!scuit

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 12, 2016
turns out point_push doesnt actually push you up until you jump. (might be wrong.)
That's true but a trigger_apply_impulse can push players up into the air so your trigger_push can affect them.
Also a trigger_catapult (same entity as Portal 2 Jump-pads and PASStime Boost-pads) does a similar job and can be aimed at an info_target

EDIT: Emnudge has a video that may help you: [HAMMER] Pushing/Launching Players

x3Karma

Sep 24, 2017
That's true but a trigger_apply_impulse can push players up into the air so your trigger_push can affect them.
Also a trigger_catapult (same entity as Portal 2 Jump-pads and PASStime Boost-pads) does a similar job and can be aimed at an info_target

EDIT: Emnudge has a video that may help you: [HAMMER] Pushing/Launching Players

Fantastic. It worked smoothly now. Thanks for the help.