Soldier refreshment.

Soldier refreshment. 2018-07-30

BiedroN

L1: Registered
Jul 28, 2018
Soldier refreshment. - Soldier model remake

soldier_preview000000.png

I decided to remake one of the mercenaries from the game.

The model has been remeshed and also retextured from zero giving a brand new high detailed looking.

Model can be even given to the game and actually playable, but I don't have time to writing some .qc files and stuff!

I will not publish this model because has many technical disadvantages!

I used entirety Blender to modeling, sculpting, texturing, rigging.
Render I made in Source Filmmaker.

DaInferno

Sep 1, 2019
Damn. I would've been nice to be able to use this model in-game. Regardless though, you've done some excellent work! Very nice job on the model!

BiedroN

Jul 28, 2018
Damn. I would've been nice to be able to use this model in-game. Regardless though, you've done some excellent work! Very nice job on the model!
Thank you! Unfortunately this model has so many serious flaws. First of all, this model has so many unnecessary vertices and it's almost impossible play with this model because it can be very unstable to play with (this model has almost 140 000 vertices, WTF!). Second thing, animations aren't working with soldier armature with this model well - this requires from me changing the base shape of him (which isn't that easy as it sounds) or changing entire animations from scratch. It's better to make this model again from zero and based on original model form the game but I don't consider to make more remakes anymore any time soon.