Snowplow Redux

CP Snowplow Redux _rc2

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Snowplow Redux - Now With 100% Fewer Trains

TF2 has moved past the need for trains
"Time has been added" worked for years with no need for fancy little icons on the HUD
It's time to go back to simpler times

cp_snowplow_redux_rc1 - 03/12/2023
  • Removed the train:
    • Removed train health HUD
    • Removed traps and road blocks (rail blocks??)
    • Added classic attack/defend timer system, 3 minutes added per point, max time of 6 minutes
  • Optimised the ducks. 139 individual props converted to just 2 (no...

Last edited:

chandlerj333

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2015
Can the train return at the end of the round and slam through the map? It would also be hilarious if stage 1 B controlled a rail switch and the train flings itself into the ravine if it isn’t captured in time.

Sep 29, 2015
Any chance of switching to using VBR MP3 files instead of WAVs for the non-looping sounds? The version of Snowplow in the base game is pretty huge in file size and this could help a bit. :)

Sound folder before: 28.0 MB
Sound folder after: 11.9 MB

EDIT: Note that you'll probably have to rename the "eotl_sounds" folder and all references to it after each map release as there's a bug in the game when decoding MP3 files packed into a map on the third release. The game used to crash when this happened, but now it simply refuses to play the sound.

Attachments

• eotl_sounds.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sep 29, 2015

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Oh so to be clear, this only affects maps that are shipped to player via TF2 itself, rather than downloaded from a fastdl or the workshop?

Sep 29, 2015
Oh so to be clear, this only affects maps that are shipped to player via TF2 itself, rather than downloaded from a fastdl or the workshop?
It would mostly affect maps shipped directly to players, but would theoretically affect everyone who hears the same sound from the same directory 3 times. On the third time onward, the sound will fail to play. This can happen from any map with any name using any MP3 named exactly the same thing from the same directory structure (example sound/mymap/mysound.mp3).

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
but that means it's broken completely? You can play the map twice and then after that it'll always be broken for you?

I think I'll stick with the wav sound if that's the case :/

Sep 29, 2015
but that means it's broken completely? You can play the map twice and then after that it'll always be broken for you?

I think I'll stick with the wav sound if that's the case :/
The same version of the map will be fine forever, but if the same sound named the same in 3 different versions of the map, issues can occur. I totally understand being hesitant lol