1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Serious Shadow Problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by suzzanuzza, May 29, 2009.

1. suzzanuzza

suzzanuzza L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My map was lit perfectly and the shadows looked fine the first few times i ran it. then after a few minor edits i tested it again, and now i have all these thick black shadows and the lights arent shining properly. I didnt change any lighting or anything so i dont know why its happening. please help.

2. Kronixx

Kronixx L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    those are cute...

you are using RAD on fast? Cause i get nasty hard shadows like than when it's on fast comiling

3. Vigilante212

Vigilante212 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    likly caused by a leak.

4. An Icy Mouse

aa An Icy Mouse

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like you've got no bounce lighting, which is compiled by RAD ONLY if you have run VIS, and leaks cause VIS to not run properly. So use map>load pointfile to check for leaks and fill them all then you'll have nice lighting unless theres some other reason VIS isn't running

5. suzzanuzza

suzzanuzza L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    oh part of the map was sticking out of the skybox. could that do it?

6. Artesia

Artesia L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    it would if any part that was sticking out was an entity, of any kind (brush or point entity). Func_detail is brush entity.

• Thanks Thanks x 1