Self Gameday

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by PevWolf, Apr 24, 2016.

1. PevWolf

PevWolf Un-Notable Member

Positive Ratings:
    So, I know that TF2 maps has their own gamedays and such, but there hasn't been a US one for a month, and I'm not really into impromtu. I own my own server though, in which I test my map.

My question is:
    Is it against TF2maps rules to post a thread like:

-
    MAP TEST!
    ctf_mapname
    12.345.678.910:11121
    7:00pm-10:00pm EST
    May 21
    -

Thanks,

Pev

2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    You are free to announce your own event in the Server Events subforum (like this), but I can't guarantee people will want to go to a random server just to test one map. I would strongly suggest submitting to a gameday or impromptu first, even if you can't make it to the test itself, since you can watch the recorded demo later and take advantage of the feedback plugin.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Also, I think the reason why there are so many EU gamedays is because most of the usual gameday hosts are in Europe and a sizeable chunk of this site's members are also in Europe. Because imps happen more often, there is a higher chance the imp will be US. I don't see how you can be "not into" impromptu unless the unscheduled nature is inconvenient or something.