1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Self Gameday

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by PevWolf, Apr 24, 2016.

1. PevWolf

PevWolf Un-Notable Member

Positive Ratings:
    So, I know that TF2 maps has their own gamedays and such, but there hasn't been a US one for a month, and I'm not really into impromtu. I own my own server though, in which I test my map.

My question is:
    Is it against TF2maps rules to post a thread like:

-
    MAP TEST!
    ctf_mapname
    12.345.678.910:11121
    7:00pm-10:00pm EST
    May 21
    -

Thanks,

Pev

2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    You are free to announce your own event in the Server Events subforum (like this), but I can't guarantee people will want to go to a random server just to test one map. I would strongly suggest submitting to a gameday or impromptu first, even if you can't make it to the test itself, since you can watch the recorded demo later and take advantage of the feedback plugin.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Also, I think the reason why there are so many EU gamedays is because most of the usual gameday hosts are in Europe and a sizeable chunk of this site's members are also in Europe. Because imps happen more often, there is a higher chance the imp will be US. I don't see how you can be "not into" impromptu unless the unscheduled nature is inconvenient or something.