Resource icon

CP Rust 2020-04-29

Charlie 5 Lives

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2017
Rust - A full circle to show how much Counter-Strike and Team Fortress influenced each other.

This map is the result of a year and a half of work. There was no focus on it being competitively viable, just a map I wanted people to have fun with. For those who wonder from the tag line, the map is based on Counter-Strike's Dust. No, not Dust2. Dust. I posted the original beta about a year ago, now it's complete.

Dust was originally conceived from previews of Team Fortress: Brotherhood of Arms. So I figured why not make the map for TF2. There's been Counter-Strike maps made for TF2 but not one of them is based off of Dust1. So I made it. I rescaled everything to make sure it was right for the TF2 classes, yet the map is still smaller than Junction.

If you have any feedback on errors please let me know here or on the Steam Workshop link. Preferably the latter since I'm more responsive there.

Zhiris

L1: Registered
Apr 26, 2020
20200429234638_1.jpg

It's not as Dusty as I remember, or Rusty on that matter.

The map feels narrow and with mobile characters you feel trapped walking on all parts of this map.
Not having any open area or any opportunity to use the surroundings for your class signature strategy makes this a weak TF2 map.
I think this can be playable with snipers and close range classes like heavy and pyro, I don't even want to know what a well placed sentry nest could do on this map.

I don't know if this map was meant to play the normal capture gamemode for TF2 or something else like a plugin.
Glad the map has a spawn room although it's flawed for TF2.
once that door opens at the start of the round every sniper sentry and any projectile explosion will take care any non-ubered BLU player within seconds. (no cover inside spawn)

Last edited: