Rumbridge

KotH Rumbridge v3

Zhiris

L1: Registered
Apr 26, 2020
Rumbridge - Medieval King of the Hill map played on a bridge with a river underneath it

My first upload to TF2maps since I finally happy with this map made.
I learned most of my mapping by looking at Valve maps and using their Valve development wiki site which is very useful.

There are some things what have to be done before I can call this a final release.
Some overall advice is always welcome when it comes to maps so sharing it out here would be a great way to get some valid feedback I believe.

Things what needs to be changed in my opinion:
- Bloom effect is a big eyesore: on the white tiles/texture especially, no clue how to fix this issue after looking at the wiki page and run some experiments.
It feels like a modern game with this many bloom with it but I personally dislike that.
- Missing texture in the castle: Fixed this for the next version, but I don't want to release a version for just a texture fix.

Things what would be a nice extra:
- Team based banners: It would be nice to remove the control point hologram with some medieval fitting banners.
The best option is that the colour banner of the team who just capped the point would raise on the bridge
- Custom triumpf sound on cap: A longhorn sound when a team caps the point would be a amazing addition

If you want to look into the Hammer (vmf) file please do!
I just want the final version released by myself and I don't share it with everyone to prevent people editing the map with their "advertisement" slapped on top of it (I don't know if that's still a thing but back in 2014 all community servers used to do this) ):x
If people want to edit the map into something different and want to upload it that would be fine with me.

Please let me know what you think and any feedback is much appreciated!

You can test the map on my 24/7 server with bots! IP:116.202.197.146:27029 It's an EU server, no ads whatsoever. (type: "rtv" if map isn't on to vote)
rumbridge_3.jpg

Last edited:

Zhiris

Apr 26, 2020
- Fixed missing wooden texture inside castle
- Decreased cap time to just 6 seconds for fast gameplay and compensation for 4 mins timer on koth
- Now the map starts with the Medieval game mode enabled without doing any input
- Made few world borders clear that players can't enter
- Skybox changes to tidy up
- Few extra nodraw textures all around
- Added new spectator cams for both teams and a enter server position facing the gate
- game has 2 new stone torches which resembles a certain login screen
- Fixed BLU spawn windows having metal at spawn to show RED spawncampers that they can't shoot trough there with an actual texture instead of a brush
--
Light is still bugged on window models and tried to fix it without any positive outcome sadly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

JaxOnThat

May 26, 2020
Looks really awesome! We need more good Medieval Maps, and this seems to fit the bill!

Have you put it up for testing yet?

Zhiris

Apr 26, 2020
Looks really awesome! We need more good Medieval Maps, and this seems to fit the bill!

Have you put it up for testing yet?

Yeah, look at the description.
I got a older version on the Steam Workshop and got a Server running 24/7 with the map on it (might need an RTV)