CP Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Deodorant, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's a map. Hopefully it won't end up being much less enjoyable than Junction.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. SeanMcPhearless

SeanMcPhearless L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    woah! Is this submitted in the gameday this Saturday? I'd love to play it!! It looks very nice :)

3. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    after running around the map:

• ents work ok
    • the one-way door from A to C feels really powerful, especially if it's open during setup, allowing engies a lot more time to set up nests and dig in
    • there are hardly any retreat paths from B to A. If Blu needs to retreat from a failed push or in general, they get stuck on the fairly high ledge on the outer path
    • the Blu spawn's side route can be cut off from people shooting into the Blu spawn, which seems bad
    • I don't remember if there was a resupply locker inside the actual Blu spawning zone. Having it out in the open and not enclosed where Blu can retreat to seems asking for trouble
    • I started and finished a book before I capped A

this is without actually testing through gameplay though, just things I noticed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So now that the impending SDKpocalypse is threatening to leave Rock Bottom featured in the 'latest maps' feed for an indefinite amount of time, I figured I should at least make sure to churn out an A2 version. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to run through the map, Spacek!

- Gave the Red shortcut to A height disadvantage.
    - Removed sawtooth between A and B
    - Shortened cap time on A
    - Layout changes in Blu spawn.
    - Added more dynamic signage
    - Minor changes and bugfixes.

There is now a kind of roundabout exploit that lets Engineers trap their teammates inside sentries/dispensers, but I'm entirely ok with that.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013