Rivulet

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by SonidZero, Jan 26, 2010.

1. SonidZero

SonidZero L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    A canyon with cliffs, tunnels, and shallow water at the bottom. It my first map and is nearing completion.

Are there servers that would be willing to host a map like this?

Pros/Cons welcome

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. Dark

Dark L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    havent had a chance to play as it is late and a school night but map versions go something like this,
    alpha
    beta
    release candidate

Alpha is mostly still in dev texture and layout changes are almost planed to be made
    beta layout is for the most part finished about 80% of the map is textured
    RC everything is fully textured and layout is solid, mostly to iron out bugs.

3. SonidZero

Positive Ratings:
    Oh thanks, fixed.

4. SonidZero

Positive Ratings:
    what a helpful community

5. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It'd be good to get an overhead view of the layout bud. Helps to comment and also helps when sifting through the hundreds of maps here, to see which ones one may like to try on community servers.

Submit the map to a gameday. Get some feedback. If this thread starts filling with 'really enjoyed this' posts, you can be sure people will want it on their server ;) They are however unlikely to simply say 'yeah of course' with 3 screenies and a download....there's simply too many decent maps out there. Also, you're much more likely to get a willingness to test a few times, than a rotation slot on a server. At least until people start to recognise it.

We'd certainly test it for you at playstuff.net - on the map lab - if you posted there and kept us updated - oh and remembered were a small, friendly, gaming community that requires a high level of mutual respect ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  6. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like the style of this map, but the fourth screenie there looks too dark. You'd easily miss someone hiding in that corner.

7. The Whole Team

The Whole Team L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Truthfully not much to tell. It all looks pretty good and since I don't have a server (and most don't) thats about all I can tell you.

Though this is floating

And there's this big damn gap behind the bases

Other than that it looks pretty good you should enter it in gameday located in the stickies in the event forum.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35

That way you can get feedback on how the gameplay of the map is (most important part of any map). Also, it looks like it'll be pretty sniper friendly (if not overpowering), but thats about it.

EDIT: You should also add a spectator camera.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  8. SonidZero

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks a ton, I will make sure I fix roof. The gaps behind the base is there because I havent made the 3d skybox yet.

And I had completely forgotten about spectator cams, thanks

9. SonidZero

Positive Ratings:
    Cool Ill try to get some better screenshots

10. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
  11. Minilandstan

Minilandstan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The pictures don't show much. Try some noclipped pictures. Then, we can say "ITS AWSOME" or "needs more work."