Resupply Locker Fail... PLZ help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Nerdsciencegeek, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Nerdsciencegeek

Nerdsciencegeek L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am a relatively new mapper (making my first map actually) and i seem to be having problems with the setup of the resupply lockers. I set up the red and blu lockers exactly the same, with a dynamic model of the locker surrounded by brush entity func_regenerate with no draw textures, but for some reason the red locker is invisible. The func_regenerate is there, but the supply locker is invisible. It appears in the editor, but not in test run. Please help, I would really appreciate it.

2. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    The func_regenerate needs a trigger texture.

3. Nerdsciencegeek

Positive Ratings:
    It's not the func_regenerate that's the problem, it's the locker not rendering. The func_regenerate is still there because it will give you health when you walk near where the locker is supposed to be.

4. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
  5. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Check you havent actually set the Render Type to "Don't Render". Also, check the locker isnt somewhere else, i can remember bugs with prop_dynamics moving about by themselves.

6. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had this problem once. Never fixed it. I can't remember if I tried very hard though. What happened to me was that the prop_dynamics were at the map origin (x 0 y 0 z 0), and wouldn't go back to where they were supposed to be. How very rude.

7. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Resupply lockers need to be prop_dynamics in order to show up in-game, and func_regenerates need to have the toolstrigger texture simply because using anything else is silly. If you're having the same problem as kieranator, check your model's origin - that might be broken.

8. Nerdsciencegeek

Positive Ratings:
    I figured out my problem. Apparently i didn't make the resupply locker the func_regenerate's associated model. Thanks alot for all the help.

9. 404UNF

404UNF No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    You know, you could always download and install this little beauty. It comes with many many prefabs such as Resupply lockers (for RED, BLU or both), various doors (RED, BLU or both) and even a map with all the props.

All you gotta do is insert the proper resupply locker prefab into your map, then if you want to, you can Ungroup the prefab and resize the activation trigger, if you want it to be smaller or bigger.