[Request] Intel point base door

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
It looks very nice, but I had to squint and turn my head a bit before I realized it said "Gate A"... Perhaps it could be made faster to read? The A or B signs also gets drowned out by the detail of the pistons which cover it.

Part of it is the sideways-ness, the other part is that you've also got to read bottom-to-top in terms of word order. ("B" is a word :p)

Maybe just put "A" or B" in the center and skip the "Gate" part.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Just let me know if there is something I can change or make specific for your doors.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
yus, great you found the time again for doing some modelwork !
you know, it's still too shiny for me ;)
the opening effect looks very nice !

edit: hm, didn't even think about that :D

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
yus, great you found the time again for doing some modelwork !
you know, it's still too shiny for me ;)
the opening effect looks very nice !

To anyone who wants to use it, and you don't like the specularity (as it's supposed to resemble the point cap model, which is a lot more shiny), just open the material .vmts and delete the lines about specularity.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Actually there is one thing... I'd like the texture to be a bit lighter and less green, so it would blend in better with the cap point

So it will blend in better with Shmitz's cap point?

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
Maybe, in addition to that grungy version, a nice clean shiny one for deep inside spytech areas?

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Maybe, in addition to that grungy version, a nice clean shiny one for deep inside spytech areas?

I really might. However, whenever I make clean and shiny spytech objects someone always gives me a hard time for 'not following tf2 standards'.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
yeh, you should definately do a clean one since you're not talking about me, obviously :D

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Updated!

betterimage_01X.jpg

Download at the top!

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Whoops! I had to update the zip file again, this time the textures include environment masking. I apologize for the update so soon, but this is just an essential update. Don't miss it!

Download at the top.

Changelog (1.1.1):

An 'oops!' fix. Meant to add an environment masking to the normal map. Now it's included. I promise this will be the last update for a while. I mean it! Thanks for your patience.