Hatstand - 2 Skins (wood and metal)

[request] hatstand 2015-08-30

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
well with all the hats starting to show up, i sorta think this one wouldbe kinda appropriate. afterall, your spawnroom is where you hang your hat.

i'm sure other people would enjoy and make use of such a model.

i'm thinking something like the image i've attached. though with a more wooden texture for the pole and "hooks", and the base being a gray/silver metal.

----------

thanks to acumen: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2189

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i'd maybe like to give it a go (as well) - think i won't be the only one. but this sounds like a nifty idea :D
at least to me - what do the others think about such a accesoires ?

maybe people can post pics of "hatstands", they think would fit the tf2-universe. maybe not only traditional hatstands.

anyways, i found these pics:
http://timberconcepts.com.au/images/gallery/gal_hatstand.jpg

Last edited:

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
Wait, can you place the models of the new hats?

Yes, they can be found on player/items.
But some hats that are only minor edits like Trophy belt can't be placed, unless you only want the trophy belt and not the hat itself.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
very cool idea for a model. good luck everyone who is gonna attempt this.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you will attempt this, too ! :eek:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
man, all that roundness adds polygons like nothing :D

hatstand_render.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
did a testcompile. my opinion is that it looks a bit too decadent. i thought about making it shorter but scale the elements up, so it doesn't look like it will fall when someone walks by. cause i tried scaling the entire model and it looks off that way :/

hatstand_ingame.jpg

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Placed next to the "locker" prop, I think the style you want (with less horrible camerawork) is this:
stand.JPG

Like the cubbyholes, wooden, with metal hooks, for that 1950's-1960's look.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
Placed next to the "locker" prop, I think the style you want (with less horrible camerawork) is this:
stand.JPG

Like the cubbyholes, wooden, with metal hooks, for that 1950's-1960's look.

that could be a great one for red and keep the other for blu

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I think it should definitely be shorter. It looks like the players would reach awfully high for that. Plus the middle is boring and could maybe use more hooks halfway through. The top hooks would be better off at the same height of the bottom of the top shelf.

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
did a testcompile. my opinion is that it looks a bit too decadent. i thought about making it shorter but scale the elements up, so it doesn't look like it will fall when someone walks by. cause i tried scaling the entire model and it looks off that way :/

hatstand_ingame.jpg

that looks great acumen!
i think it's ok at that height. if you have to make it shorter, maybe not more than an inch or 2.

can't wait to see it textured (i think the shaft should probably use a same/similar texture to the locker model in the testimage you posted).

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
to be really honest, i didn't want to go too far away from the dark color scheme.
just did a happy little tree wood slapover for the testskin variation.
but me personally i think the black version suits the locker much better. also changed the overall proportions, like i said. i'm happy with it now :)
but i could upload the model source files with uvmapping data for anyone to make another texture variation for it, if you guys want so ?

hatstand_ingame2.jpg

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
that looks great in wood.
though i'm not sure the hooks and top part should be wood. still it looks cool this way.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Very Very nice. I agree with Ezekel, the hooks should be metal, but the top part looks good in wood. Nice model.

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
Instead of round why not make it 3 sided with a pointy top instead of the ball or even just square. Another idea make a wall mounted one

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
haha, dream on :D

a wall hook would be nice i guess, though :)
i don't think that there should be mixed materials on this. can't really imagine it looking any good.
but like i said, i can just upload the source files and you are good to go and modify it to your needs and desires ;)