Ra

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
Looks good, the giant pile of boxes makes for a small cover..

Arena right? So where's the CP?
It's in the building on top with the machine. There's a block which covers the cp until it becomes active. The entrances are on both sides across from the spawns.

Last edited:

lustygoat

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2009
I was only in there for a few minutes today but I remember playing this map earlier.

1. People seem confused about what's behind the door that hides the point. Everybody runs up there and is like "omg what is this" and doesn't get the idea of defending it. You could try making the door partially glass or something, so people can see the point from the beginning. You could even make there be like... 3 layers of doors. The outer is solid with window holes, the second mesh, the third glass. Have the outer start opening slowly, cp_steel-style, as soon as the round starts... then the second layer, then the third opens the moment the point is available to capture. That way people know the point is inside, AND that the door will eventually open.

2. Get rid of the electrified water. To me as a player, nothing is more annoying than some kind of random death scenario I can accidentally back into while learning or playing the map. When that happens to me, I instantly like the map less.

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Get rid of the electrified water. To me as a player, nothing is more annoying than some kind of random death scenario I can accidentally back into while learning or playing the map. When that happens to me, I instantly like the map less.

This.

It could be interesting - but the problem is that you're running it in arena. When people die to things they can't control/can't anticipate when learning a map, they will immediately be turned off by it. I'd say scrap the water hazard.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
Yeah, I guess I should remove the shock pit. It'll be gone with the next release. I also added in a window to the mid block just now. I'm thinking about removing a significant amount of the cover, did you guys find it more obtrusive or useful?

Last edited: