Question about CVARs

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by 404UserNotFound, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, so on my server, I've got spectator idling disabled.

Yet sometimes I get people joining the server who don't choose a team, and instead just sit at the team selection screen (at least I think that's what they're doing, as it shows them on the Spectator section when I check the scores).

Is there any CVAR in particular that would make the server kick a player for not choosing a team within a set amount of time (say 2 minutes?)

If not, does anyone know of any SourceMod plugins that do this and work with the latest version of SourceMod & TF2?

Also, if anyone is wondering where I've been for the past...frig, nearly a month, I went to Florida for 2 weeks on December 17th, and got back around the 30th, just in time for New Years.

Edit: Before I forget, I have a question about 2 server CVARs; sv_unlag and sv_unlag_fixstuck. What do these 2 CVARs do, should I put them on my server.cfg, and if so what should I set the values at? I read somewhere that sv_unlag is for server lag compensation, but I don't know what that means.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Just find a plugin that kicks a player that doesn't move within a certain time limit. My regular server does it.

3. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    That's....a bad idea.

I run an idle server. But I've set it up so you can't spectator idle.

Despite that, people tend to join, but not choose a team and end up sitting at the team selection screen. They show as being a Spectator, even though they aren't, really.

I'm looking for some way to automatically kick spectators after, say 2 minutes of not choosing a team or even being in the game, but I don't want to use the idledealmethod CVAR because then everyone on my server would be getting kicked for inactivity, instead of just the Specs.