Problem: Control Points cannot be "blocked"

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by What Is Schwa, Jan 26, 2008.

1. What Is Schwa

What Is Schwa L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi guys, during same late stage testing of my map I discovered that Control Points cannot be blocked while the opposing team is trying to cap them.

For example: If four Red players are trying to cap a point that Blu controls, and a Blu player stands in the middle on the point, Red still gains and can cap.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Is there a flag I'm missing? I've been scratching my head about this for hours.

Thanks!

-Aaron

2. PandaN

PandaN L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This happens on GravelPit A, if you've already captured B. Wierd innit

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    I wasn't aware of that bug w/ Gravelpit. I've been defending A after a B cap plenty of times. Something to do with the index of points maybe? See if you can copy/paste the last stage caps of Dustbowl, I know those can be blocked.

4. What Is Schwa

What Is Schwa L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just tested Gravelpit in hopes of figuring out how to replicate the problem on another map. All points can be blocked regardless of which point is capped first.

<sigh>

-Aaron

5. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah my only suggestion would be to look closely for any differences between the points in a decompiled valve map and yours. If there are none trying copying the valve points and see if that fixes it.

I have no idea what variable could be messed up for this to happen tho.