Probably stupid question about doors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Broseidon, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Broseidon

Broseidon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to add a door to my spawnroom; however, the prop doesn't fit the size of the opening I made and I really don't want to resize my entire building to accomodate it. I there anyway, I can resize the prop/make my own custom door/something else? I was thinking of simply using a brush entity with an appropriate texture, however this is obviously not ideal.

(Do I need to mention I'm a total noob at this? ^^;;)

2. Broseidon

Positive Ratings:
    Never mind, figured it out. Lock this please :/

3. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Resize the door-way. If your building really needs to be totally re-designed because of such, then you're doing it wrong.

If nothing else, a single metal door panel parented to a func_door would do. You won't have the nice doorframe that comes with the props, but that's a tiny detail.

But if you're really insistent upon resizing the door models, then here's your link.

DERP NINJAD

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Broseidon

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the help, although i sort of figured it out on my own about 10 seconds after I posted the thread :p Resizing the doorways was easier than I thought - I was worried because the door was wider than a cooridor, but pushing it right up against the wall helped.

On a related note however, I've noticed how people hate it when the little motor on top isn't attached to anything. Would placing a brush above it to create a kind of indent where the ceing and wall meet solve this?

5. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    When it comes to that bleeping motor, anything that looks good works ;)

6. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    This sounds like you're making an a1 or pre-alpha, so I'd just leave the motor floating for now. When you get into detailing, make sure to attach it.