pl_synthesis

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by jpr, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    This is my third major map, a remake of this map, which is a remake of this map, which is a remake of another map not made by me. Anyway, it will be an otherwise normal payload map, expect when the red team successfully defends ther base, they get a chance to get the blue team's intelligence and earn a point. The map is in very early stages, but because of the way I work, I still have some screenshots to show:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing I may remark about is that it is indeed a nighttime map and thus is very dark. That typically isn't a good thing, unless it's a zf map. The only thing is that it may play better for some classes than others. The game mode sounds weird as well. Often, a defending team just cares about defending. I rarely care about gaining points as a team, merely just winning the round.

I just thought about the HUD complications. Would they not be quite difficult? I mean, the payload HUD would have to stay, but how would you know about the Intel?

3. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    The screenshots make it look a bit darker than it actually is. Also, the defending part and getting the intelligence are separate rounds.

4. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not much to say yet, except that red metallic window frame in blue base = bad !

5. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    Go tell that to valve. That's the exact same texture that was used in the window frames in the blue base in 2fort.

6. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    I made the map a bit brighter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Displacements are not finished, obviously.

7. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should still make the map brighter. Dark maps sucks :(

8. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    As I said earlier, the screenshots look darker than the map actually is. At the moment the brightness is the same as in goldrush.

9. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    This map is clearly not dark. Just because it has a night sky texture doesn't mean you can't see anything. As long as you can see silhouettes and team colours clearly, it doesn't matter.

The idea sounds very weird, but for all I know it might work well. That grass, is it the Lumberyard texture with full alpha? I can't tell, but if it isn't, you should probably change to that.

10. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, it is.

11. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    the layout. There will also be a small underground area. And yes, I know I should have built everything first and then added textures adn details and such, but I'm too impatient.