pl_Borax [Updated]

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Thanks. Im looking forward to playing tomorrow too, hopefully we'll get more ppl on the server =)

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
Ok, I ran through the latest alpha, and it looks much better all around, especially those displacements in the sky ;P

Just couple of minor things:
This really isn't that big of a deal. This area feels a lot better now though.
3297931790_2473d70dc2_o.jpg

I think you need a cubemap down there
3297105937_83bfaf5cf0_o.jpg

Hope that helps!

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
Played this map a week ago: in general, felt the map needed more side passages to get to certain points, especially CP 3. Badwater is an excellent example of useful side routes.

Not sure if this has been fixed in recent updates, but make sure this happens. Liking the work so far!

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
The last time I played this, you had added a bunch of placements outside blu spawn to the right (if you're blu, i guess left if you're red). They needed player clipping badly...I don't know if that was a5 or a6, but I thought I'd put it here before I forgot completely. (i think you were in game at the time and/or mentioned by steam messaging).

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Played with you a little yesterday. There were minor clipping issues here and there around displacements, and that ledge that looks jumpable from red spawn (add a gate or something)

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
Just now marks the second time that my TF2 has crashed and shut down while on your map. Again, it happened when someone died on those funky displacements to the right of blu spawn

Termaximus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 11, 2008
Looking really great from screens. You are a man after my own heart with the displacement work, which I'm doing myself in VipersDen. I like the the fan/bomb idea at end. One of these weekends I will spend a day playing all the great maps the community is working on, including this.

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
Alpha 7 released

3309993520_ee49d4e69a_o.jpg

* Added 1 and only spawn in the middle of the map.
* Added tons of building, for gameplay purposes.
* Added lol basket
* Changed the way the last CP is capped, now guaratied cap.
* Changed the look of few buildings.
* Change the map to be more of a vertical battle
* Fixed rare crash at a displacement that would cause the server and your tf2 to crash.
* Fixed few gameplay issues

Termaximus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 11, 2008
Got a chance to run through a7. It's looking good. I like the overall layout and the elevation change aspects.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
looks really good for an alpha. It looks like the map could turn out to be VALVe-quality in terms of visuals.

I think the balance needs to be tweaked. It was too easy for BLU. Once they got started pushing the cart, it seemed like they never stopped. Not really many places for RED to fall back and fortify. Besides that and the spawn glitch, looks promising. I also like the last cap (fan and rocket refueling)