pl entities problem

NumbersAndNoise

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2008
So, I am building a gimmick pl map as a diversion from serious work. It has a func_brush platform as the cart, and it moves up an elevator shaft as RED attacks from the sides. The cps along the way are indicated along the wall as it corresponds to the height of the elevator.

I thought I set up everything according to the tutorial, and when I tested it, it initially seemed like everything worked, but my cart just stops moving completely after the first of three points is captured. It turns the symbol into a no sign when you stand in the cap zone, which would lead me to believe that the cap area's control point isn't being changed, but I set the logic_relay to change it. Any idea what could be going on?

It's telling me "Client stuck on object 40/" and I cant find anything about that online either. (Yes, I googled it). And I once got "binding uncalced material "___utilwireframe", artificially incrementing refcount", which made a red X appear on screen.

If it helps, I'll post the map file itself, if we can't figure it out. thanks.

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
use a delay. 20ms should work.

the problem is the caparea is changed before you cap, so actually you are capping the last one. Put a 20 ms delay on the changing the cap area's control point.

NumbersAndNoise

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2008
I've already got a delay in place. And it appears that the first CP is getting captured, it says "[Name] has captured The First Floor" and changes the color for the first indicator and everything.