Piracy - The way of the future.

Jan 20, 2010
I wouldn't pirate a Bioware game either. They might be owned by EA, but I love them too much.

Ubisoft's DRM on Assassin's Creed 2 on the other hand...

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I will only pirate something which I genuinely can't afford, and absolutely need. As far as I'm concerned, if I can't put the money aside to buy a game then I really don't need it.

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
i somethimes pirate games,
when i'm not sure if i like a game i try downloading it first, but since my connection doesnt go higher then 170 kb/s its a waste of time to download everthing you want :p
I also have a iPod, my first was jailbroken, my new one(s) aren't hacked because i realized that €0,80 isnt that expensive

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I simply wait for games to go on sale on steam. Then I snatch them up at incredible prices!

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Since I graduated and got into the whole "full time job" thing, it's hard to justify pirating a game. However, when I'm not sure if I want to buy something, I'll pirate it to see. Two examples of this kind of game are Dead Space and Splinter Cell Double Agent. The former for the genre, the latter for the bad reviews.

In many senses, I'm a completionist in games. I find every mission and e-mail snippet, I go through and play a pacifist run, etc. But I have not and do not plan to finish either Dead Space or SCDA, because one is "just not my thing" (even when I code in some significant single-player cheat advantages) and the latter is just one of those sequels the fans pretend doesn't exist.

By contrast, Crysis impressed me so much that I now own both it and Crysis: Warhead. (Which impressed me a bit less.)

If you want to get on a "look at nature" jag... Well, consider immunology. In several cases the body has evolved a system that is a "soft" deterrent, simply because that's the best effort/reward combination. The blood-brain barrier and the corresponding lack of immune response in the brain is one example.

In Adobe's case they've dealt with it by making it work for them. Sure, they'd love it if nobody ever pirated, but if they're going to do it, they've arranged things so that they recoup as much as they can.

Dr. KillPatient

L3: Member
May 10, 2009
I might consider pirating Crysis, not because I can't afford it but because of that damn tyrannical SecuROM.
...By the way I've heard the original retail version of Crysis doesn't have SecuROM, is that true?