Resource icon

(Pipeball) Pinball Madness b3a

Saxt0n Hale

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2022
Saxt0n Hale submitted a new resource:

(Pipeball) Pinball Madness B2 - Pipeball Pinball chaos.

Welcome to Pinball Madness.

Instead of you playing the pinball machine, YOU are the pinball machine.
--------------------------------
Made by
Uncle Larry/ Saxt0n Hale (me)
Snickerpuffs (Gamemode Creator)
Description
RED and BLU fight in Pinball madness, where the bumpers are fresh-- and can launch you across the machine. However, you aren't alone in this...

Read more about this resource...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
T

The Asylum

I've had a run though of the map, here's my thoughts from a single player experience:

• The push triggers for the ball are a little too large. I've regularly had the ball jump into the air when getting close to the serving pipe. One thing I've noticed throughout years of making Pipeball maps is that trigger volumes for physics objects activate over a far larger area than their actual physical area of the volumes themselves.
  • To that point, scoring a goal through the flippers is nigh impossible. I was only able to score a goal by shooting the ball down the gutters, and even then it was 50/50. I think spacing the flippers out a little more is needed, as well as shrinking their associated push triggers.
  • Some textures are missing. I reccomend you use Compile Pal
  • Needs more cover. You know those triangular bumpers that you see on real pinball tables? Yeah. Those would do wonders. Also, make the existing bumpers taller so players can hide behind them, along with the serving pipe.

It really does have some promise, I hope you'll continue

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxt0n Hale

Aug 7, 2022
I've had a run though of the map, here's my thoughts from a single player experience:

• The push triggers for the ball are a little too large. I've regularly had the ball jump into the air when getting close to the serving pipe. One thing I've noticed throughout years of making Pipeball maps is that trigger volumes for physics objects activate over a far larger area than their actual physical area of the volumes themselves.
  • To that point, scoring a goal through the flippers is nigh impossible. I was only able to score a goal by shooting the ball down the gutters, and even then it was 50/50. I think spacing the flippers out a little more is needed, as well as shrinking their associated push triggers.
  • Some textures are missing. I reccomend you use Compile Pal
  • Needs more cover. You know those triangular bumpers that you see on real pinball tables? Yeah. Those would do wonders. Also, make the existing bumpers taller so players can hide behind them, along with the serving pipe.

It really does have some promise, I hope you'll continue
Thanks for the feedback, I'll get right to it.

I did however use Compile Pal, but I might have selected the wrong file or did it wrong.

I know I already mentioned it in the original post, but thank you for making this gamemode. Way better than passtime in a thousand ways.

Saxt0n Hale

Aug 7, 2022
Saxt0n Hale updated (Pipeball) Pinball Madness with a new update entry:

Version b2b Released

(Thank you to @The Asylum for single-player testing the map to bring you almost all of these updates.)
Minor changes include:
--------------------
  • Added triangular bumpers near flippers
  • Spaced out flippers and their triggers
  • Fixed ladders not letting you climb them
  • Made existing bumpers taller
  • Removed credits room for optimization [big sad ;((((( ]
  • Resized trigger_pushes due to clipping bug

Read the rest of this update entry...

Saxt0n Hale

Aug 7, 2022

Saxt0n Hale

Aug 7, 2022
Saxt0n Hale updated (Pipeball) Pinball Madness with a new update entry:

Version b3 Updated.

Minor Updates
----------------------
  • Fixed bug where respawns would last more than 10 seconds
  • Fixed ladders
  • Extra Props
  • Fixed missing door model
heavyupclose.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

T

The Asylum

I've noticed from the notes on the bot's maplist that you're asking server mods to adjust cvars? Or are you using vscript to handle them?

Saxt0n Hale

Aug 7, 2022
I've noticed from the notes on the bot's maplist that you're asking server mods to adjust cvars? Or are you using vscript to handle them?

I have a script that automatically changes these Cvars. However, incase the script fails, they can change it themselves. That's why I said to make sure the cvars are set as so.