[$$$ - Paid] Slender Fortress Map Request [TF2]

Fire On Steam

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2023
Hi, I'm Fire and I run the DISC-FF Slender Fortress server. Our server is one of the most popular TF2 servers in the game and is full most of the time. Sadly there are very few Slender servers left and many of the people who contributed to this game mode have moved on to other things.

We are looking for anyone who might be interested in this game mode or willing to map for it. This is paid work and very open to any and all ideas you might have for a map concept. I know that the best maps come from a person's passion and if you have a idea for a spooky themed map and want to get paid in the process maybe we can work something out.

If you have never played Slender Fortress the basic concept is this:

-Every round 8 or more players (depending on the map settings) are picked to play on RED. The RED team will need to complete a objective (find all the pages, make their way to the end of the map, survive for a period of time ect.) while being chased by various scary monster NPCs.
-The RED side of the map is usually maze like and has to be built in such a way as to not obstruct NPCs pathing to players.
-The BLUE side is the waiting area and will need to be mapped completely differently. It usually has a spawn room, a PvP area (controlled by the plugin), Parkour or Climb area that may lead to a completion room, Dodgeball area (controlled by the plugin), and any other concepts or games that players can engage with while waiting to play.

Here is a link to indepth writeup on what Slender maps require to function:

https://github.com/Mentrillum/Slender-Fortress-Modified-Versions/wiki
Creating SF2 maps - Part 1
Creating SF2 maps - Part 2
List of map entities

If you want to get a better jist you might join our server and play a few rounds yourself. Here is the Server IP: 74.91.113.50:27019

If you want more details on payment or whatever else feel free to contact me on Steam (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001634629) or Discord (fire55). You can also check my rep on the backpack.tf website or I can send you details of other mappers/modelers/coders who I have worked with in the past that can vouche for me. I have been hosting servers since 2007 starting in CS:S and moving to TF2 in 2012.

I look forward to working with you,

Thanks.

Last edited:

Miki

Feb 10, 2022
If this isn't time sensitive, I've had the idea for a Slender Fortress map inspired by Alan Wake. I imagine you'd travel around an island at midnight with cliffs and hiking trails collecting gas for a boat beach escape. I thought it'd be a great chance to use my hurricane storm on it too, for extra scariness and claustrophobia in an open map. I've mapped for Slender Fortress once too, so I have experience. The caveat is that I won't be free until Dec 10 because of an ongoing contest, so I can take your offer then and give it my full attention if it still stands.

featured_alan_wake_23.jpg

Fire On Steam

Jan 12, 2023
@Miki

It's not time sensitive and I'm looking for multiple people to make maps. Hit me up on Steam or Discord and we can talk.

Fire On Steam

Jan 12, 2023
I've added in links to what is required to make a Slender Map to the description. I have had a few people message me so far but I still should have more money to pay for more if you are interested please contact me. Thank you.