Old port

PL Old port a8

WhoWee!

L?: Creator of Ideas, Not Projects
aa
Jan 12, 2018
Hey!

A few things I saw that may interest you:

• I really liked the height variation and the scale felt fairly good for what I'm assuming is your first map, so good job for getting down some of the hardest things to get right!
  • If you plan on using stairs instead of ramps, your players will thank you immensely if you use a clip brush (or block bullets for bonus points) over the stairs to act like a ramp. Source will teleport you up each step, and cause you to lose all momentum if you jump while running up the stairs without a clip brush over them.
  • I can walk on the fencing directly after 2nd near the water
  • Visibility might be impacted if you keep the red lights after 1st (the ones pointed at the wall). I would recommend a change to white, or off-white, and brighten them up a little too.
  • It felt like I should be able to jump into the water near 2nd, maybe have some detail to show it's out of bounds
  • Maybe too many RED shipping crates at last. I get you're trying to go for a shipping vibe/warehouse at the end, but maybe have some that go to the ceiling be walls instead.

Overall, I think it has a lot of potential. Keep up the work, and I can't wait to see where it goes!

Redkiller

L1: Registered
Jul 17, 2024
Redkiller updated Old port with a new update entry:

2nd Cap reworked and brighter

2nd Cap has been reworked, new stairs for blu to access the flank, the flank is fully sealed off, aside from one entrance. Red's high ground was shortened significantly so that blu can see and shoot into their position, and made the high ground harder to keep. Removed the full health pack and jacked up the respawn timers so that Red deaths are more impactful.
Finally, added more light, as players complained of darkness often

Read the rest of this update entry...

Redkiller

Jul 17, 2024

Significant overhaul of the map

Multiple big changes in response to a very prominent issue: the map was boring. It felt like a big corridor with balconies on the side, with no real variation on the track itself. Also, Red was crushed for three rounds straight due to lacking defensive spots, so Blue simply rolled past them. Also, minor cosmetic issues were fixed

1- New forward spawn for Blue after 2nd
2- Made it so Red can exit out of their locked spawn after 1rst
3- Expanded Red's last spawn, added new door with High...

Redkiller

Jul 17, 2024

Update in response to complaints

This is not a troll map, don't worry.
I'll do the troll version when the map enters beta

The updates to the map were made with consideration to the most alarming complaints, though every single comment of feedback was read and taken into account

Changes
(A)
-Added a wall and some docks on the beach
  • Removed rock props on the beach
  • Removed a wall on top of a building and added a ramp to its roof, giving RED a safer spot to shoot at BLU
  • Gave BLU a window in their first spawn...