**Official Map Contest Details**

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
What are limitations/guildine for posting maps here?
Do you only ever want the final map?
Can we post a thread in the WIP section and get an alpha/beta file uploaded to go with it?
Shall we post it in the 'contest' subsection instead of the WIP bit?
....(insert question you feel needs asking here)

I ask because my map is nearing the playable stage, which is the stange I like to publicise it bit.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
What are limitations/guildine for posting maps here?
Do you only ever want the final map?
Can we post a thread in the WIP section and get an alpha/beta file uploaded to go with it?
Shall we post it in the 'contest' subsection instead of the WIP bit?
....(insert question you feel needs asking here)

I ask because my map is nearing the playable stage, which is the stange I like to publicise it bit.

posting WIP is your choice actually. but be aware that others might end up taking some of your ideas on design, etc.

the WIP forum is fine for contest wip. nearing the deadline, a temp forum will be made to house submissions.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
"Map can be either cp_ or tc_"

A friend and I have been tinkering with a Control Point concept that required capping in a circular fashion. It isn't linear like all the other CP maps made. Does this qualify?

-Aaron

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
"Map can be either cp_ or tc_"

A friend and I have been tinkering with a Control Point concept that required capping in a circular fashion. It isn't linear like all the other CP maps made. Does this qualify?

-Aaron

yes, thats fine :)

M

Mindless

Incredible. Just so happens I've been working on a multistaged map for a month now. I'm IN! Good luck, the rest of you's! =)

zbandito

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2008
TF started with CTF gametypes, not CP or TC. I think it's unfortunate this contest excludes CTF maps. I would enter otherwise. Let the best map win based on it's own merits! :p

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Perhaps a later competition will focus soley on ctf?
This seems to make sense to me

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
there will be a ctf only contest in the future. ;)

Tokit

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2008
I would say drop the part about having to be industrial/mining theme. You're gonna get a whole fistful of fresh maps out of a solid contest like this ... why constrain them all to one theme ? :D

everything else looks great though, i'm in

I'm also voting this, I don't want to force a look into my map when I have it on a set theme already.

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
Is it allowed to work as a team? Me and a friend are working on a map and it's going to be nice.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Is it allowed to work as a team? Me and a friend are working on a map and it's going to be nice.

Sure. But if you guys win, you will need to saw the video card in half, not me :p

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
Sure. But if you guys win, you will need to saw the video card in half, not me :p

Got an 8800GTX, and he an ATI 1600 something. So he'll get the card. If we would win....I hope so. Anyways, cp_depot entered the competition.