obscure

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
It does give the map an original and inetresting mechanic, so really, I can't see the problem.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
The map is clearly targeted towards only the audience of 6v6.

That being said it does a good job of that.

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Every healthpack is floating, whether it's 2 inches or 15 feet... so I don't see it as that much of a problem.

Except most of them are located somewhat closer to the ground. I haven't tried it out, so it must make the area a whole new experience or something.

Nightbox

L1: Registered
Jun 5, 2009
I played the map few times when it was in alpha stage, i must say that the map is really good.

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
Except most of them are located somewhat closer to the ground. I haven't tried it out, so it must make the area a whole new experience or something.

Yep, but my point is there are a lot of weird things that could be questioned in TF2. A health pack above the middle point shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
One thing that's always bothered me about obscure is how underscaled the walkways at last feel in comparison with the room they're in. It feels too unreal.

I have yet to play it, much less 6v6, but with the goal of competitive play in mind I still think you ought to get some casual playtesting. It will help considerably to improve navigation because you'll be able to tell which pathways don't quite make sense or are underused.

Looking forward to playing it though. :p

Last edited:

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
I have yet to play it, much less 6v6, but with the goal of competitive play in mind I still think you ought to get some casual playtesting. It will help considerably to improve navigation because you'll be able to tell which pathways don't quite make sense or are underused.

Looking forward to playing it though. :p

My 'home pubby server' (www.knifeback.co.uk), for lack of a better term, has actually had this map in its rotation for a few weeks now, so we've played quite a few 12v12 and highlanders on it. It plays fine, except the last point can be a bit hard to push into and capture. However, the shorter time limit means that it doesn't often end in an actual stalemate.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Middle bridge needs to be rethought aesthetically. How would such a bridge actually be constructed? Certainly not length-wise with wooden planks. Start with understruts, build atop of them widthwise; other examples of bridges: badlands cp3, well cp3, yukon cp3, viaduct above the cp, etc.

McNuggetFiend

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
It is bad enough how polarizing competitive play is, Soldiers should have risks for making their jumps. Just my 2 cents.

byte

Nov 20, 2009
They already do =), if they miss it then the consequences are quite dear i.e. its risky. If they get it then they get in theory 30hp more after cratering to where-ever they land. If they don't then they end up with 110hp when they land so...

That's the whole idea behind it, to promote a risk aggression.

Cheers

Titanium

Nov 23, 2009
I found two problem while walking around alone in your map but apart of that it seems a pretty 5cp map.

211417o.jpg

There is a hole between the door and the wall at the blue base left exit.

15hg8er.jpg

And in the first spawn you really want to go throught this door because of the light I think you should turn them off and add boxes or two.

byte

Nov 20, 2009
Thank you titanium for the feedback, this has been spotted by 60players+ lol can't believe i didn't spot it when i was bug testing >_<!

And i'll see what i can do with the spawn door with lights =).

Thanks JulesV, going by stats people are loving this at the moment. Just hope i can maintain it.

Cheers

tarmo-

Dec 10, 2008
well, what you can expect ;) no byte-fanboys here to praise the map, so he doesn't update the thread.

Spammish

Jan 2, 2010
I think the wood on mid seems a little strange unbroken up, there's not alot of trees that would be long enough for it to cover the whole length, I suggest breaking it up (just the texture, I mean) or making them horizontal, I only say this because it was the first and biggest thing I noticed.
Edit: On closer inspection I can see that it is broke up, I still think it's a little strange but that's probably just me.

FishyFishy

Nov 21, 2009
This map plays great, I love last especially so. However, Middle is so much like Badlands that it really takes away from the experience of the play.

Yeah, don't fix what's not broken, whatever, but really I don't want three league maps in a row, where the Middle plays exactly the same. Sorry. I know many disagree with me on this, but I really like uniqueness in maps instead of taking huge gameplay elements from other popular maps and milking it by plopping it into your own.