1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

CP NWave_B1

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Netheous, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Netheous

Netheous L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    -WIP- NWave_B1

As few of you may have noticed, I am new there and so I post my first big project on this forum. I am ready to take critism as far as it's constructive, I know few of you may also say that this map doesn't have "TF2 Feeling" then I gotta say before you do so, that I was mapping for really long time for HL2, CS:S, GMod etc. so I am more into those games than mapping for TF2, you may call it my first try in serious TF2 mapping.

My map is made out of scratch but it's not done, I have few things to place on my map and those are:
    -BLU Spawn
    -Some kind of tunnel passage
    -4 Versions: Day&Night of both basic and christmas editions
    -Few builidings on BLU's side since RED's side is done (just need detail)
    -3D Skybox
    -More Control points

Top:
    [​IMG]

There are pics of builidings inside:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got much more screenshots but I got confused, maybe I'll upload them, just ask me which one you want to see

Well, I am posting there to get some suggestions on what should I add, what buildings, detail etc., so feel free to point me in any way ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Read this to learn how to remove those black and pink checkers from your map.

Other than that, the scale may be wrong if you are used to other games. All you need is a bit of testing and some practise. :D

3. matou

matou L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've gotta say i like what you did with the "net" holding the barrels :p looks good so far though, should checkout that link about cube maps for sure though

4. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    yeah, fix cubemaps, and I will say, there is a certain something I can't place my finger on that makes it look like you're used to mapping for other games, but if you didn't say it, I wouldn't have noticed so it's not much of a problem. Probably a few long sightlines, but that's just from looking at pics, so I have no idea how it'll play out.

5. Netheous

Positive Ratings:
    I just had some problem with cubemaps because whenever I placed them, props lost the black-purple thingy, but floor started to have it. That was strange

6. red_flame586

Positive Ratings:
    did you do type this into console?

because only props loose the cubemaps when you place them without doing anything

7. Netheous

Positive Ratings:
    No, I just tried buildcubemaps. Anyways, when I don't have cubemaps - it's fine with floor but when I have them - I get that black-purple effect

8. red_flame586

Positive Ratings:
    yeah, for some unkown reason it's different for tf2 so you need to build them like above. If you've got HDR enabled you'll also have to turn them off and build it for both HDR and LDR.

9. Netheous

Positive Ratings:
    HDR in TF2 is quite senseless, no valve maps have it.