no GatherLight when I run rad ???

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Open Blade, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Open Blade

Open Blade L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I skipped vis because I'm just testing so I ran bsp and rad and I noticed that a few areas on my map are a little too dard. Went back and looked at the log and there is no Gatherlight - bounce .........

Light is not bouncing and brightening up some of the areas it should be. What's the problem? I thought at first it was a leak and I fixed those but I must have fixed them all because there are no more pointfiles to load.

Ahhhhhhhhhh - help

2. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Lol u said u skipped vis. So the shouldn't be any question XDDDDDDD

3. Open Blade

Positive Ratings:
    I'm almost 100% certain gatherlight is done when you run vrad, not vvis. If so, then I am still confused as to why it doesn't run gatherlight when I run vrad. If vvis must be ran to see that then there is no problem. But I'm pretty sure gatherlight runs when you run vrad.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  4. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    GatherLight is part of vrad indeed, but I'm pretty sure that vrad requires vvis information to work properly on a number of points, this could be one of them.

A fast vvis takes something like five seconds anyway, so I can't see any good reason to skip it (I perfectly understand why you wouldn't do a normal vvis when you jsut want to test).

5. Open Blade

Positive Ratings:
    You are absolutely correct. Once you run vvis on fast, it works. Thanks.