No Attack + No Jump + No Crouch Zone

No Attack + No Jump + No Crouch Zone 1

ISPuddy

L2: Junior Member
Jul 31, 2015
No Attack + No Jump + No Crouch Zone - no m1 or m2 or jump or duck zone.

when player inside these trigger will disable their fire button , alt-fire button , jump button and crouch button

put them in your prefabs folder.
no_attack.vmf
no_duck.vmf
no_jump.vmf

-this is for those who doesn't have the special fgd or does't know how to use actually trigger_add_or_remove_tf_player_attributes.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I love it. Its like forcefully making someone a friendly.

HueZee_

L1: Registered
Apr 28, 2018
Thanks for making this.
However I am observing bugs and issues with "no_attack".
When two "no_attack" entity brushes are placed sharing a face, even if they are consigned as a single entity only the first brush will detect and apply to players.
Eg. I placed 2 brushes side by side and made them both "no_attack", once i enter the first brush it will function but as soon as i cross into the second brush and completely leave the first, the second brush will not register, with the player and will have no effect. if i cross into number two first brush one will not function.
They will not function in unification.
Making it impossible to use this entity to completely fill a non-rectangular prism.

ISPuddy

Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for making this.
However I am observing bugs and issues with "no_attack".
When two "no_attack" entity brushes are placed sharing a face, even if they are consigned as a single entity only the first brush will detect and apply to players.
Eg. I placed 2 brushes side by side and made them both "no_attack", once i enter the first brush it will function but as soon as i cross into the second brush and completely leave the first, the second brush will not register, with the player and will have no effect. if i cross into number two first brush one will not function.
They will not function in unification.
Making it impossible to use this entity to completely fill a non-rectangular prism.

ask valve to fix.

HueZee_

Apr 28, 2018
ask valve to fix.

Good joke.
But not constructive.
Yeah with my own testing I've realised today that this error is just an inherent part of the entity,

So now i'm running experimentation to develop a way to evoke "no_attack" or other attributes via output from trigger, to affect !activator.
if you have any suggestions how to do this effectively they would be appreciated.

ISPuddy

Jul 31, 2015
Good joke.
But not constructive.
Yeah with my own testing I've realised today that this error is just an inherent part of the entity,

So now i'm running experimentation to develop a way to evoke "no_attack" or other attributes via output from trigger, to affect !activator.
if you have any suggestions how to do this effectively they would be appreciated.

i'm just gonna put this here because i watched too many animes and forgot what english is.

ficool2

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for giving me cancer.
You can do a hacky workaround where the triggers are parented to a door with very high speed, and when a player stops touching the attribute trigger (OnEndTouch) it goes down and back up, resetting the trigger (attributes take 0.01 seconds to be removed)

HueZee_

Apr 28, 2018
You can do a hacky workaround where the triggers are parented to a door with very high speed, and when a player stops touching the attribute trigger (OnEndTouch) it goes down and back up, resetting the trigger (attributes take 0.01 seconds to be removed)

Thanks for that suggestion pal.