New L4D gamemode announced

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
"A jockey is riding Rochelle"
How did they miss that? Though, I guess if valve failed to notice the *ahem* connections with the smoker's tongue, then they could have missed that. Anyway, new game mode looks a bit... weird to say the least. Trust valve to put a crowbar in, it's probably the most powerful weapon. The female boomer looks rank, and the jokey is, well, disturbing on soo many levels. He reminds me of that guy that stands outside schools wearing a trench-coat, even though he doesn't have a kid. And the whole way he presses his crotch against your face, just weird. The gameplay should work well, while the way that they survived while separated is suspicious. The music is bogan, the mood is conflicting, and I hate the new characters. But other than that, I wish I could get it.

Darth Cyrax

L2: Junior Member
Nov 29, 2008
Boomer was female in L4D.
:huh: No, I'm pretty sure it isn't.
250px-Boomeridle_1.png

That does not look female to me.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Eh. I guess, but it's not exactly groundbreaking now is it... and it's definitely not fitting the desolate mood anymore. Why no CTF while we're at it? >_>

I think the influence of the TF2 guys really shines through here, and that's not necessarily a good thing in this case.

Feb 14, 2008

Darth Cyrax

L2: Junior Member
Nov 29, 2008
That's the 5 campaigns, I guess they have 5 chapters each?
If the five campaigns had 5 maps each, that would be 25 maps. Math is your friend.
If the map number is true, then all campaigns except for one would have four maps, and the excluded would have 5 maps. Unless they did something crazy like a campaign with three maps:O.

she's dual wielding a CHAINSAW and a SWORD

DO WANT
If the katana hand shows mercy, she'll use the chainsaw hand!

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
Swamp Fever only has four maps. I believe the rest have five.

Eh. I guess, but it's not exactly groundbreaking now is it... and it's definitely not fitting the desolate mood anymore. Why no CTF while we're at it? >_>

I think the influence of the TF2 guys really shines through here, and that's not necessarily a good thing in this case.

You have a point, but remember the goal of scavenger is to give players a mode with quick rounds that can be burned through and put down as soon as you get bored.