NEW AND EXCITING: Meleefort

T

The Asylum

More screens that show the overall layout of the map and totally not an attempt to bump the thread for an answer about the trains

arenameleefortb3top0000qv5.jpg

arena_meleefort_b3

arenameleefortb3top0001tg2.jpg

^^Better pic of the midpoint

ctfmeleefortb3top0001yl4.jpg

ctf_meleefort_b3

cpmeleefortb3top0000qe2.jpg

cp_meleefort_b3

T

The Asylum

NEWER AND THEREFORE EXCITINGER! meleefort_b3! Now Scout Update compatible!

CHANGES FROM B2

- General Changes
-- Fixed exploit where Scouts could double-jump over the courtyard walls and underneath the map
-- Significantly tightened up the sv_cheats 1-0 gap to ~0.03 seconds
-- Trains now move every 30s, as opposed to every 20s
-- Prettified both bases a bit
-- As per the Scout Update, ALL of the Scout's unlocks are being stripped. Yes, even the Sandman. Apparently Valve has a laxed definition of the word "melee" in comparison to mine.
-- Rehauled the spawnrooms. AGAIN.
-- Because there is no such thing as a func_nodisguise brush, Spies can now use their PDA to disguise themselves. Though I don't know why you'd want to, as you'll appear with your primary weapon out. But if you want to go ahead and be a crappy (or crabby) Spy, be my guest.

- CTF MODE CHANGES
-- Intel return time is now 60s, as opposed to 30s
-- Finally did away with the ridiculous looking shit in the moat, replacing it all with one single bridge
-- Added fences along the train tracks, stretching from the bases' corridor-side train tunnel to the bridge. This forces the Intel-stealer the take a more scenic route, and gives the victimized team a better chance at catching him
-- Added color-changing exit signs to the courtyards

-ARENA MODE CHANGES
-- No more trains. Goodnight sweet prince.
-- Totally redid the cap point
-- Added team-specific health bottles. RED can only grab the one on "their" bridge, and the same for BLU.
-- Shortened cap enable time to 15s. Lenghtened cap time to 20s.
-- Barred access to the bases' courtyards and corridors. No more running away. You fight now.

-CP MODE CHANGES
-- Fucking everything.

And now, a top-down view of the brand new Deathmatch mode!

Divided into 10-minute rounds. No rhyme, no reason, no weapons. Just get out there and kick someone's ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Asylum

To answer questions about Gameday today, sv cheats is the only way to strip weapons, and relying on admins to strip them is fairly unreliable

raz0rskyl1n3

L1: Registered
Oct 21, 2008
When we tested on my server today we encountered some issues Primarly pertaining to cvars. I found it changing these cvars interesting.

Code:
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_VehicleViewDampen" = "1"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_JeepViewDampenFreq" = "7.0"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_JeepViewDampenDamp" = "1.0"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_JeepViewZHeight" = "10.0"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_AirboatViewDampenFreq" = "7.0"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_AirboatViewDampenDamp" = "1.0"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "r_AirboatViewZHeight" = "0.0"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "mp_teamlist" = "hgrunt;scientist"
L 02/28/2009 - 10:52:23: "mp_allowNPCs" = "1"

On top of that it was constantly changing sv_cheat cvar, to the point it was flooding the chat area. Personally i dont think this is the best thing for the server. I would suggest going the sourcemod route for future versions. a

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009
Keep the trains in. It's your own fault if you can't get out of the way.

And think of all the fun a scout could have :)

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
bind e "noclip"

I managed to gain noclip 9 times out of 10.
Not fixed.

No sensible admin is going to run this map if you mess around with sv_cheats activation.
Perhaps surround the spawns with trigger_hurts that disable after the weapon stripping? See if they can get noclip AND godmode on in 0.03 seconds. :sneaky2:

Well, or trigger_teleports. Much more merciful that way.

T

The Asylum

The 1-0 gap is ~0.03 seconds, as opposed to the 0.5 seconds in B2. So yes, noclipping is still possible, but youd have to be inhumanly fast about it.

Also, trains are still in the other variants, its just in arena mode that they're absent

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Asylum

Well, after some rousing good rounds of all the different variants, I've already begun work on b4, to be released with the Spy update (Yes, the Spy will get the next update. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS) Some changes I have in mind include:

- CP and CTF mode will now reward the winning team with the return of their firearms. Just a little extra motivation for you not to lose.
- CTF flag return time increased from 60s to 90s
- When the front gates close on flag pickup, the team of that base can go through the doors, but only from the courtyard. As opposed to previous builds where once the gates closed, they would only open on flag capture or return
- No more setup time in CTF
- Any team can now use the small health bottles in Arena mode

And no, I am not unbanning the Sandman. TS;D.

T

The Asylum

Coming for B4:

I'd bet you'd like to use those on a map called MeleeFort. Too bad the only way to open that damn shed is to win the round, then proceed to pummel your victims in a super-humiliating humiliation round.