Need mapping help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Baggie, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Baggie

Baggie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey,

Sorry in advance if this is a easy thing to fix, but I've got no idea what's going on and am a bit of a noob.

I've been playing with a respawn room setup and it's been fun, but for some reason when I try to play the map something goes wrong and bar the menu and my HUD everything is black, including my gun, and when I open the menu and close it it stays there, which I'm pretty sure is a no clip error.

I've made a complete red respawn with some aparently (if the map would work) working resupply rooms, and a door that opens. No walls leading to nowhere or anything.

Any help would be much appriciated!

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Nothing wrong with your respawn room, most likely it one of two things.

1. Your info_player_teamspawn's aren't OFF the ground. As silly as it sounds, these can not be touching the ground. Your player will spawn in the ground causing a "Hall of Mirrors" effect *HoM*

2. You have no skybox and you can see out into the void =)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. Baggie

Baggie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, see! I knew these forums were going to be useful!
    Like your tutorial thread btw.

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to the forums =) Ya, the resource thread is an excellent start for all sortsa stuff =p

5. dookiebot

dookiebot L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I loffled when I read
    maybe it's just me but the respawn room is one of the more boring parts to create! Glad you're enjoying it though.

Welcome to the forums, this is a friendly bunch who like to help. Looking forward to playing your map. :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008