Need help with custom Vscript VSH maps

Doktor Obvious

L1: Registered
Nov 26, 2023
I'm looking into setting up my own custom TF2 server. And among the regular maps I would like to run a custom version of VSH with a custom model and voicelines for Saxton and gray mann.

Unfortunately I have no experience making vscript maps so I would need some help on that front. Honestly I wouldn't mind if someone just made that for me. I would pay. I can provide the audio and the model. I just need someone to compile the map and then figure out how I use that on a community server that I will rent for this purpose.

Secondly I would like for the other non VSH maps I will run on this server to use a custom announcer voicepack globally for all players. If that is possible I would love to know how I could do that. Again I'm pretty new to this.

LizardOfOz

Hale's Own Programmer
aa
Sep 7, 2022
You can change the model by going to the file scripts\vscripts\vssaxtonhale\bosses\saxton_hale\saxton_hale.nut and replacing the model path in line #14 ::saxton_model_path <- "models/player/saxton_hale.mdl";
Custom voice lines can be added into yourmap_level_sounds.txt file.

I don't have time to make the changes, but hopefully these hints will help.
As for a server-wide announcer pack, vscript can't do that - you'll need a sourcemod plugin.

Doktor Obvious

L1: Registered
Nov 26, 2023
You can change the model by going to the file scripts\vscripts\vssaxtonhale\bosses\saxton_hale\saxton_hale.nut and replacing the model path in line #14 ::saxton_model_path <- "models/player/saxton_hale.mdl";
Custom voice lines can be added into yourmap_level_sounds.txt file.

I don't have time to make the changes, but hopefully these hints will help.
As for a server-wide announcer pack, vscript can't do that - you'll need a sourcemod plugin.
I assume you talk about the filepath of your vsh download. I do have that but does that mean I need to recompile a new map? Is there any way of changing these files on existing vsh maps? Like the 4 that are currently in casual.

LizardOfOz

Hale's Own Programmer
aa
Sep 7, 2022
I think your best bet is to recompile, as the name of the map is baked into the map itself in several ways, and even a simple rename will break things.